Received my out of state FL CCW today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Received my out of state FL CCW today

Wink How to get your out of state FL CCP In 2ish weeks

Woo Hoo

It took a little over a month due to me having to send documents to verify my insturctors credentials, but I got it. Any one interested, it probably would have taken 2 to 3 weeks if I had used a NRA approved instructor. I live in Ohio by the way

SideNote: My CCW license was signed by Charles H. Bronson

Here is what you need:
    1.)FL application (they mail it to you within a week)
    Form/Publication Request 790 - Division of Licensing, FDACS
    2.)Passport photo (walmarts $5ish)
    3.)Supporting documents(completion of the hunter safety course(i used my ohio CCW certificate)) NRA certified is prefered
    4.)Fingerprint card from local sheriffs office(Follow directions as its tricky)
    5.)Check/postal MO for $117 (I used MO, prices may vary)

Here is the FAQ link
    Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

FLORIDA'S RECIPROCITY STATES
    Alabama (1,3,5)
    Alaska (1)
    Arizona (6)
    Arkansas (1)
    Colorado (1,4)
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia (1)
    Idaho (3,6)
    Indiana (1,3,6)
    Kansas (1)
    Kentucky
    Louisiana (1)
    Michigan (1,4)
    Mississippi (1)
    Missouri
    Montana (3)
    Nebraska (1)
    New Hampshire (1,3,4,6)
    New Mexico (1)
    North Carolina (1)
    North Dakota (3,6)
    Ohio (1)
    Oklahoma (1)
    Pennsylvania (1,6)
    South Carolina (1,4,6)
    South Dakota (1,3)
    Tennessee (1,6)
    Texas (1,3,6)
    Utah (1,6)
    Vermont (2)
    Virginia (1,6)
    Washington (1,6)
    West Virginia (1)
    Wyoming (1,3)
    NOT LISTED: NY, Mass,Maine,RI, CONN,NJ, Maryland,ILL,Wis, Iowa,Minn,Oregon, Kali, Nevada,Hawaii,

(1) While Florida's law allows licensees to carry stun guns, knives, and billy clubs in a concealed fashion, the laws in these states allow for concealed carry of handguns or pistols ONLY, NOT WEAPONS IN GENERAL. Florida license holders are prohibited from carrying other types of weapons while in these states.

(2) The State of VERMONT is unique in that it does not issue weapon/firearms licenses. Florida licensees - indeed, licensed or unlicensed citizens from any state - may carry in Vermont. This presents a problem for reciprocity with Florida. Florida law provides that an out-of-state resident must have in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm. Since Vermont residents have no such license, the right to concealed carry cannot be extended to them under Florida law.

(3) Individuals qualify for concealed weapon licenses in these states upon reaching 18 years of age. HOWEVER, any licensee of these reciprocity states who is not 21 years of age or older IS PROHIBITED from carrying a concealed weapon or firearm in Florida.

(4) These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license ONLY IF the licensee is a resident of the State of Florida.

(5) The Attorney General's Office of the State of ALABAMA has indicated that Alabama will honor BOTH resident and non-resident Florida licenses. However, the Alabama Attorney General notes that there is some uncertainty as to the limits of Alabama's reciprocity law as it pertains to non-resident licenses. Pending clarification by the Alabama Legislature or a decision by an Alabama court, he urges non-resident Florida license holders to exercise caution. Refer to the Alabama AG's Web page for the latest information.

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

Congratulations.

Thanks for the link mpohio. They have a really cool site says my stuff (app&fingerprint cards) will be here in 10 days. One thing I could not find, do you need to be licensed in your state? I'm waiting on mine, here in sc it takes at least 90 days so I'm still about 60 days out but figure why not get the ball rolling in florida as I'll need another permit to carry in Georgia.

i got my florida and utah last year... took a 2 for 1 class where everything was provided... best way to do it...

congrats..
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Quote Originally Posted by homershoots View Post
    Thanks for the link mpohio. They have a really cool site says my stuff (app&fingerprint cards) will be here in 10 days. One thing I could not find, do you need to be licensed in your state? I'm waiting on mine, here in sc it takes at least 90 days so I'm still about 60 days out but figure why not get the ball rolling in florida as I'll need another permit to carry in Georgia.
    1st, you packet comes in about 4 days(business)
    2nd, no need for license in you state. actually a few states are complaining that florida is too easy to get one in.
    3rd, I really could have gotten my FL in about 2 weeks if they hadn't questioned my instructors creditials. He was Opota certified,ohio peace officer training accademy. He trains ohio and 18 other state police officers. If your ccw class you already took is nra certified and over 3 hours, you should have no trouble at all. Mine wasn't NRA cert, but it was 10 hours of classroom and 2 hours of live fire!!
    4th, the commissioner that signs your cards name is CHARLES BRONSON!! Now that was worth it alone!!
    Try to pay with a Postal money order, you don't have to wait the extra for the check to clear.

Congrats! Took me over a hundred days but that was last year. Sounds like they streamline the processing for the good. Had to pull mine out and check the signature, by God it is Charles Bronson.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Had to pull mine out and check the signature, by God it is Charles Bronson.
    That aint coincidence, thats Karma baby!!

We're both Hungarian too. Of coarse that doesn't mean we'll be taking showers together.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    We're both Hungarian too. Of coarse that doesn't mean we'll be taking showers together.
    Yeah, not that the guy on guy thing isn't gross enough(for me), The real C. Bronson passed away a few years ago you know?

Cool post. Sent my app about a week ago.

You left off NOTE 6 in your reciprocity FAQs section:

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast