Received FL CWL in 8 days
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Received FL CWL in 8 days

Received FL CWL in 8 days

Mailed application on Friday, September 17, received Saturday, September 25. Eight days!

APPLICATION INFO:
    Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

Lots of posts showing what to do. Only thing that requires any real work is fingerprinting (we use Sherriffs here) and "passport" photo (I used post office). Anyone with a good printer and glossy paper could do their own passport photo; just follow the size rules.

For fingerprinting use FL card that they mail you and make sure whomever takes your prints puts their organization's name/address on the back top right of the fingerprint card.

From their application instructions:
    "FINGERPRINT CARD INSTRUCTIONS
    Your fingerprints must be taken at a law enforcement agency. IMPORTANT!! If you use the fingerprint card instead of having the law enforcement agency use a LIVE SCAN device to submit your prints electronically, the block on the card entitled Employer and Address must be left blank. The name and address of the law eforcement agency at which your prints were taken must appear on the back of the card in the blank area of the upper right corner. Additional instructions are included in this package."

I just had the same experience getting the FL permit -- 9 days from mailing to receiving permit. Only faster one I got was Pennsylvania, which came in 7 days. Probably just a function of the post office and my proximity to PA.

It must be nice to live in America. One day I hope to move there from New York.

4. Quote Originally Posted by DaveTrig View Post
    I just had the same experience getting the FL permit -- 9 days from mailing to receiving permit. Only faster one I got was Pennsylvania, which came in 7 days. Probably just a function of the post office and my proximity to PA.
    9 days is amazing. Took me 3 months in Texas and I live hour and a half away from the capitol.

Congrats Islander! I've never seen Gov't move this quick. Nice to hear Florida finally has done it right. Did Charles Bronson sign yours as well?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Congrats Islander! I've never seen Gov't move this quick. Nice to hear Florida finally has done it right. Did Charles Bronson sign yours as well?
    Yes, sir; Mr. Bronson signed my license. Will frame that one when it expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Yes, sir; Mr. Bronson signed my license. Will frame that one when it expires.
    Not to burst your "bubble"...but this is Mr. Bronson...

Always a kill joy in the crowd
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Not to burst your "bubble"...but this is Mr. Bronson...

I knew that. He's my hero. Who did you think we were talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I knew that. He's my hero. Who did you think we were talking about?
    Does he own a Wildey?

11. For DaveTrig

Where did you get your prints done? I am also in Putnam County and want to get printed for FL and CT. I know CT doesn't require LEO printing, but since FL does, I want to do both @ the same time.

I was thinking to ask Gerri Bishop @ Putnam Sheriff's Office if she will do it?

Thanks,
    Anthony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast