CWFL Badge Alternative - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CWFL Badge Alternative

A solution to a problem which doesn't exist, imo.

Pass.

3. Quote Originally Posted by lifeguardhall View Post
    It's the same concept I read about using a CCW badge and it's not really 'that' bad of an idea. I had read a good use for those tin badges would be to wear it on your belt, next to your weapon, conceled. If for some reason lets say you bent over and part of your weapon was exposed, the badge would be right next to it and people "shouldn't" get startled, seeing the weapon and CCW badge next to each other. Just playing devils advocate there, it's not really a bad idea given that particular use. Anyway, not trying to get off topic.
    Ok, this is the first logical use for a ccw badge I have heard. I can see where this could prevent trouble if your piece is mistakenly seen.

If you really would like a badge, you can patronize this fool:

Florida Firearms Training - Wallets and Badges

He tries to masquerade as an advanced Firearms instructor, he advocates against badges and yet he sells them. I think they call that a hypocrite!
    <- Straight Shooter ->
    www.FTAguns.com

Amazing how many times this idiocy gets re-hashed.

Mall-Ninja wants to pretend he is like a cop because he has a CCW. He buys these badge things to show everyone he packs.

Maybe we need some of these guys caught at a traffic stop, badge discovered and charged with impersonation. It will be all over the news.

Badge sale business takes a turn for the worse.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post

Mall-Ninja wants to pretend he is like a cop because he has a CCW. He buys these badge things to show everyone he packs.

Maybe we need some of these guys caught at a traffic stop, badge discovered and charged with impersonation. It will be all over the news.

-Doc
    We don't need no stinkin badges!

I agree with 1 thing said so far, if youre CC and you happen to lean over for what ever reason, and someone sees your gun, if they see a badge with it, maybe they wont freak out as much, without it, they may be concerned. Then again, Im against the use of a badge unless youre an LEO, FRA [fugitive recovery agent] or a security guard. No use other than those...Just opens more problems.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

We don't need no stinkin badges!!!

I could see this being mistaken as a weapon when light hits it at night....Think it is a bad idea to carry a badge. You could find yourself spending lot's of cash to defend yourself in court! I'd rather spend the cash for a new weapon or ammo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post

-Doc
    Nope, that's not how it works, Doc! ANY media coverage has guys sitting in their La-Z-Boys going, "Wow! I didn't realize they made badges for CCW holders! I gotta get me one of these!" and they shoot straight for Google before the report about how dangerous they are is even over. It would increase badge sales ten-fold! Media coverage always increases interest and sales...always.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I agree with those who feel it's another gimmick to help satisfy those who are looking for some lil' way or another to show people how awesome they feel they are 'cause they have a gun. Kinda titillating for some to, you know, let the gun "accidentally" be seen at Walmart... Same thing here regarding the item being discussed as far as I'm concerned. Those that have the quiet confidence to CCW don't need to show anyone anything in that regard. IMHO the badge alternative or anything related to a badge is nothing more than someones attempt to go into business and make a buck from those who want to "look the part" or whatever ya wanna call it.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast