CWFL Badge Alternative
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CWFL Badge Alternative

CWFL Badge Alternative

I know what your thinking:
    "Not another thread about badges"
    Here is a link to the latest, must have, badge alternative!!
    I searched the forum and I have not found this here, so here
    goes. Click on the link

Legallyarmed.com The Internet Site For Legallyarmed Law Abiding Citizens
    <- Straight Shooter ->
    www.FTAguns.com

looks kinda cool, not sure it is for me tho

Seems to me the reflector is an awful convenient point to aim at.

The badges/id devices, whatever the heck you want to call them is not going to deter a police officer from pointing his gun at you and telling you to drop your weapon when the SHTF.

And besides, don't the bad guys shoot those people first who they know have a gun?!? That's what people keep telling me, anyway.

Seems to be a money making scheme to take advantage of those who like to show off their concealed weapons permits to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I know what your thinking:
    "Not another thread about badges"
    Yep. That IS exactly what I am thinking.

Wow, I was going to order one for my state, Oklahoma, but they seem to be out of stock for Oklahoma. Actually they seem to be out of stock for all the states. Sales must be really great or the whole thing is one big scam.

And why do I want something else to take up space on my belt. That space is better used to carry my Sig. And some extra magazines. And my cell phone. And my SOG Paratool. You know all that important stuff. I will just continue to carry my permit in my wallet and tell Mr. Policeman I am armed when stopped as the law requires in Oklahoma.

I think we need a separate forum for postings about CCW badges.

If you scroll down to the cards that come with the wallet to the one for the Law Enforcement Officer underlined it says " I do not wish to loose any of my rights"

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Grunt View Post
    If you scroll down to the cards that come with the wallet to the one for the Law Enforcement Officer underlined it says " I do not wish to loose any of my rights"
    And the card above and left of that one:

"In case my weapon was stolen during from my home, vehicle, or during any type of incident, here is the data on my carry guns:"

IMHO, I would rather spend my money on these:

9. It's the same concept I read about using a CCW badge and it's not really 'that' bad of an idea. I had read a good use for those tin badges would be to wear it on your belt, next to your weapon, conceled. If for some reason lets say you bent over and part of your weapon was exposed, the badge would be right next to it and people "shouldn't" get startled, seeing the weapon and CCW badge next to each other. Just playing devils advocate there, it's not really a bad idea given that particular use. Anyway, not trying to get off topic.

10. Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post

Seems to be a money making scheme to take advantage of those who like to show off their concealed weapons permits to others.
    That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

I think it's kinda like all the Ron Popiel inspired kitchen gizmos that have been on the market for years. But this one just is reflective, it doesn't slice, dice and puree.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeguardhall View Post
    It's the same concept I read about using a CCW badge and it's not really 'that' bad of an idea. I had read a good use for those tin badges would be to wear it on your belt, next to your weapon, conceled. If for some reason lets say you bent over and part of your weapon was exposed, the badge would be right next to it and people "shouldn't" get startled, seeing the weapon and CCW badge next to each other. Just playing devils advocate there, it's not really a bad idea given that particular use. Anyway, not trying to get off topic.
    If the badge looks even close to those the LEO's wear, they are illegal in North Carolina, and you are subject to arrest for impersonating an Officer of the Law... Thanks, but no thanks!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast