What if Glock made a 1911 ??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if Glock made a 1911 ??

Smile What if Glock made a 1911 ??

What if Glock made a 1911?
    Sig sauer did it. They also went polymer.
    Springfield Armory Did it like a Glock and a 1911.
    S&W now makes 1911's and polymer guns similar to Glock.
    So, now it's Glocks turn to make a Polymer 1911, like Wilson Combat, But way less expensive.

What a fun gun that would be. Glock 1911. I would buy one. in .45 ACP of course.

Not a bad idea, they could use the Para-Ordinance LDA design as a base, lose the grip saftey and frame mounted safety, and incorporate the Glock trigger safety. I'd buy one, in 50AE of course.

Glock, cocked and locked

I want Glock to keep it with all the normal 1911 features;ie; thumb safety,grip safety,4 lbs. trigger.
    night sights made of carbon steel. in all calibers. .38 supper,9mm,40 S&W, .45ACP, 10mm,.50GI.

what a great and affordable gun Glock could make????

I'd try one out. I didn't start off as a Glock fan,but have warmed up to them. I really wish they would make some micro sub-compacts!! That currently seems to be the booming market. Something in the line of the ruger lcp or Kahr pm40. The best thing I like about Glock and the reason I am sold; When I pull the trigger, It goes bang each and every time. I have never had any issues with any of my 6 glocks and I shoot them often

I would give it a try as well. Sounds like a an excellent Idea. Now if they would just do it.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    US Army Retired
    Prior Federal Police Officer Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Not a bad idea, they could use the Para-Ordinance LDA design as a base, lose the grip saftey and frame mounted safety, and incorporate the Glock trigger safety.
    I don't think you could call it a 1911 at that point.

I am still researching the sig comb gun they came out with. But Glock is due for something new. The problem is their sales were up something like 70%, so I'm willing to bet they will stick with what works.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Not a bad idea, they could use the Para-Ordinance LDA design as a base, lose the grip saftey and frame mounted safety, and incorporate the Glock trigger safety. I'd buy one, in 50AE of course.
    The LDA is not a 1911 IMO. The design keys for a 1911 are the SA trigger, grip safety, and frame mounted safety with the ability to be carried condition 1. Just my opinion of course - I don't know if there is an accepted rule as to what changes can be made to a 1911 and it still be a 1911.

10. I guess I am the only one who believes a company should stick with its core competencies. Do what you do and be the best at it. Glock is the standard bearer in what they do, making a 1911 would diminish their image. IMO.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

handgonnetoter Guest
    Whoa there now, I don't think Gaston Glock would know how to do that! If they did, I would like to see what they came up with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast