Against CPL?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Against CPL??

1. You're not wrong but you're not right either. Everybody's got to make that decision for themselves. You've decided doing it one way and your friend has decided to do it another. It's not about who's right or wrong.

Is this person completely against firearms ownership or just concealed carry? Either way, I'd suggest avoid further discussion with him on the matter. Let him be 'right' and ignore him on the matter from here on out. It's apparent from what you posted that he's not going to carry on an intelligent discussion or debate on the matter with you. Let him think what he wants and let it drop.

Thank you all for the comments, like I said, noone typically knows I am carrying, and like some of you, my fiance forgets that I even have a firearm on me half the time, she sometimes asks me if I am carrying when we enter a bad part of town, I just nod and we go about our day.
    The person I work with makes comments from time to time, and most of them are unneccessary, and uncalled for. Hes a bitter old man, I understand, and maybe his years on the police force had subjected him to negative experiances with CPL holders in the past. Doesnt mean were all the same and many of us know that.
    Oh well though, his opinion doesnt impact my method of carrying. I dont flaunt my weapon, never have and never will, like you concealed simply means noone knows youre carrying, and I plan to keep it that way. Id rather it be an unpleasant suprise to some would be assaulter, or criminal.

Either way, thanks for the support everyone.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

4. It's a simple fix: Tell your jaded friend at work you've decided to take his advice to heart and you no longer carry. If he wants to know why, tell him you're not sure you could pull the trigger. Then, continue to carry as you wish but keep it a secret.! I believe it's best kept on a need-to-know basis. Don't ask-don't tell. Sadly, not all of my friends are pro gun however, I still value their good opinion and choose not to flaunt myself.

Hopefully this helps.
    Be Strong!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12