Concealed discomfort
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed discomfort

Concealed discomfort

Ive been carrying my Ruger LCR .38 + P this past summer using a Galco inside the pant holster. Thank god summer is almost over and I can start carrying my Smith & Wesson .44 mag 329PD with a shoulder holster under a jacket because I can not get comfortable with that inside the pant holster!! Ive tried just carrying the gun in my pocket, but Im allways afraid its going to fall out or my pants pockets are not big enough for the gun. Any one else carry comfortably in summer time and if so how?

Quote Originally Posted by gregory44mag View Post
    Ive been carrying my Ruger LCR .38 + P this past summer using a Galco inside the pant holster. Thank god summer is almost over and I can start carrying my Smith & Wesson .44 mag 329PD with a shoulder holster under a jacket because I can not get comfortable with that inside the pant holster!! Ive tried just carrying the gun in my pocket, but Im allways afraid its going to fall out or my pants pockets are not big enough for the gun. Any one else carry comfortably in summer time and if so how?
    Are you wearing the same waist pants? If so, that is most likely why you are uncomfortable. Standard recommendation is at least one size larger to accommodate an IWB holster. I've carried a S&W M28 (same size as your 329 but all steel) and full size 1911 IWB by going a size up.

Blog Entries
    I use an OWB holster, a good belt, and do not tuck in the long polo\button up that I wear with shorts\whatever I happen to dress in underneath. I should also mention there is no reason for me to get dressed up, due to the fact I have no life.

I forgot to mention that my button ups are short sleeved and dyed to match denim. $10 wally world special.
    Last edited by Danieljoe1; 09-29-2010 at 09:20 PM. Reason: derrrr got me
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

if you are wearing IWB holster you need to wear bigger pants and belt.

if your gun is 1.5" wide then you need to have pants and a belt that is 2" wider.

In the Galco website they explain this in a diagram and you can measure your new pants and belt.

also get a nice gun belt it helps to carry the gun better. If you are using a normal belt the gun will stick you all over.

Hope this helps.

6. I also have a Galco Royal Guard IWB holster and I find it uncomfortable, the other IWB holsters that I have are OK. The CrossBreed Super Tuck is great except that it takes up a lot of space on the belt. I agree proper sized pants and a good gun belt sure helps.

+1 on getting a good solid belt designed for carrying a sidearm.

Quote Originally Posted by gregory44mag View Post
    Any one else carry comfortably in summer time and if so how?
    OWB in a paddle holster is very comfortable for me. But I don't have to conceal it, either.

Good tips! Thanks, gives me some things to re try.

Carrying your sidearm should be comforting, not comfortable. That said, Blade-tech makes a tuckable IWB Kydex holster that cants the grip against your waist and the loop of black plastic is almost undetectable against the black leather belt. I wore it all summer and the wife only knew because she saw me put it on. Once she even asked if I was carrying because she couldn't tell.

11. "Ive tried just carrying the gun in my pocket, but Im allways afraid its going to fall out or my pants pockets are not big enough for the gun."

This is a bit off subjec, but I can't help but find the statement above funny... Are you carrying Wildey by any chance? Because if you do there are other CC weapon choices out there...They are smaller and will stay in your pants. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast