Paint for sights - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paint for sights

there is a product called " siteglo" it is a paint on product, cost ten bucks, looks like what you need.

Mary Kaye lady gave me some bright red-orange paint for my little LCP front sight. Came in a fancy little bottle. Works perfectly.

Nail polish works great as a temporary fix. Just about anything you "paint" on to your sights will wear off. Best thing to do would be to invest in a set of good quality after market sights. My personal favorite would be Trijicon tritium night sights. They work great in any level of lighting.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

5. thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    there is a product called " siteglo" it is a paint on product, cost ten bucks, looks like what you need.
    Pretty cool. SiteGlo glow in the Dark Gun Sight Paint

Its only 9.99 and 4.99 with shipping. Anyone here try this?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I haven't used any on a gun but the bottle is sitting here. when I turn out the lights the bottle glows green.

8. Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Pretty cool. SiteGlo glow in the Dark Gun Sight Paint

Its only 9.99 and 4.99 with shipping. Anyone here try this?
    Thanks for the link, Lukem
    NRA Life Member

9. When the painted dot on the front site of my M&P fractured and fell out, it left quite a pocket. I decided to buy some glow-in-the dark powder, then I mixed it with clear nail polish and packed it in the hole. While it was still wet I dusted it with more powder. The results are mixed. By that I mean that in low level light it seems to be pretty darn good. In bright lighting, it has an off-white color and my old eyes would prefer a neon-green dot or plain bright white paint like the gun came with.

With Halloween coming round its the perfect time to get some of the flourescent nail polishes. I tried a bright glowing orange for the front dot and it only seemed to work good for me during daylight hours. At dusk it kind of faded away and was hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    Please chime in if you have used Fingernail polish and how did it wear?
    I use a bright white fingernail polish (on my sights of course) It works great, daylight is shows very well, in low light I can see the sights in any light I can identify a target in.

As far as wear....I take it off and reapply every month or 2 while cleaning the pistol. Hoppes no 7 removes it easily.

Steve

I used Glow-On florescent paint on my handguns, works great, just follow the directions. You can order them from
    Glow-On.
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast