Paint for sights - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paint for sights

I used white nail polish on the front sight of my S&W 642. I put black on the back sight, but it probably wasn't necessary. I like the idea of neon yellow or orange, though.

Florescent model paint works good also. I have some Yellow and Orange that I picked up at Walmart a few years back. Clean it good and use a toothpick to apply the paint.

Another great product that I've used is Nightsiters florescent dots and strips. I have their dots on a Kel-Tec PF9 that's been on it for years. Nitesiters Night Sights for Handguns !!!Better than Tritium!!!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

4. Paint for Sights

My sister once dated an Indianapolis police officer, and he used Testor's model paints. He would clean the weapon well with alcohol, brush on the paint and wipe it off with a dry rage. The yellow worked very well for the sight, and he used red for the branding, caliber and serial number. About every other month, he would completely remove the Testor's paint and redo it.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

WalMart should have Glowing finger nail polish this week, it's Halloween.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123