Getting a FL non-res permit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting a FL non-res permit

Getting a FL non-res permit

I am going down to FL in person to file my application for a non-res CCW permit. I;ll get my fingerprints done at a sheriff's office. I dowloaded the application forms a while back. What is hanging me up is this "passport-type" photo. Where and how do you get that?

I got mine done at a CVS pharmacy
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

You can do it on your own. Just select size when you print them. I did it the easy way and went to Wal-Mart

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I am going down to FL in person to file my application for a non-res CCW permit. I;ll get my fingerprints done at a sheriff's office. I dowloaded the application forms a while back. What is hanging me up is this "passport-type" photo. Where and how do you get that?
    Walgreens as well..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

UPS Store as well. You'll also need a Notary which can be had at most UPS Stores also. (NO, I have no vested interest in UPS Stores) I was in Amelia Island last year and the S.O. at the jail in that County would not do my prints even though the WEB Site states they will. They do not offer that service if you don't reside in that county. I would call and confirm the S.O will do your prints.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Post Office also, in the PASSPORT section. Only they charge more than some of the other places listed above. And you can definitely print your own mugshot on any inkjet.

2 x 2 glossy picture. most drugstores or camera or picture shops

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I'm signed up for my Utah Non-resident class on October 30. It isn't cheap, 100 dollars for the class and 65 dollars to the state of Utah - plus 20 for the picture and finger prints - but at least I'll be able to carry in more states than my Indiana permit gives me.

Don't waste your time going down there. It will only take a couple weeks to get it by mail. I am from Ohio and got mine in 4 weeks( because I had to resend in a verification of my instructors credentials). Walmart will do your photo for like $5.00

Here is the link to my post for HOW TO out of sate Florida CCP.
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...tml#post160532

11. Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    Don't waste your time going down there. It will only take a couple weeks to get it by mail. I am from Ohio and got mine in 4 weeks( because I had to resend in a verification of my instructors credentials). Walmart will do your photo for like $5.00

Here is the link to my post for HOW TO out of sate Florida CCP.
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...tml#post160532
    I 2nd the notion. It took me longer than mpohio but, when I got mine Florida was understaffed and they were getting swamped with aps. They've got their stuff together now and people seem to be getting them a lot quicker. Now that they have the personal and the demand has slowed down some. I went to a local instructor in the Philadelphia area and he did everything for $100 which included: the required NRA cert, fingerprints, photo's, notary and all the paperwork and they make sure it's filled out properly so it doesn't get sent back to you. This has to be a lot cheaper and time consuming than going their. Not sure where you live but, I am sure you can find the same deal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast