Visitors - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visitors

1. no the only one who knows i have my gun is my wife as she sees me put it in my pocket its no ones buisness

NO NO NO If you do it's just ego. Just make sure since they might be visiting in your house they can not "accidentally" come across your weapon. Store it with extra care!
    If you do tell them picture this scenario.
    You are out somewhere and a BG shows up to rob the place...not necessarily directed to you or your relatives/friends. Things are such that you would like to go unnoticed as it it the safest option at this point.
    Your formerly gun hating sister in law who always said "only the police should have guns"!
    So you told her before you all went out that you were carrying to her nervous rolling eyes. Now with a BG there, she suddenly thinks it's great you are carrying a gun and yells out for everyone to hear as she looks at you and points....."My God, YOU HAVE A GUN! DO SOMETHING!!!"

4. I agree with most no but, if you print and someone in your group becomes aware of it could cause a problem. Pending on the attitude of your friends and family could cause a ruckus. Meaning by nature when someone who is not gun friendly or the fact that someone other than a LEO is carrying a gun is unnatural to them making them uncomfortable. This could draw attention to you in public which could also be bad. So if you go out to a restaurant it may be wise to tell them. Itís not a macho thing as someone pointed out itís a: I donít want to cause a scene thing. Not saying that someone in your party would on purpose cause a scene but, itís human nature to react freakish in that type of situation. You have to remember itís not normal for most to be carrying a gun. You have to feel out your crowd really is the only advise I can give you. Good Luck

No one can tell I'm carrying, so I say nothing. Many years ago I had a shoulder holster on and a friends daughter bumped into me and said "I didn't know you had a back brace" I said nothing and no more was said.

6. Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    No one can tell I'm carrying, so I say nothing. Many years ago I had a shoulder holster on and a friends daughter bumped into me and said "I didn't know you had a back brace" I said nothing and no more was said.
    Yea but what if? It can happen I am not saying that my senario wil happen but it can and I am just throwing it our there.

Most of the kids around here ARE advertising their underwear. I keep telling my daughters boy frind I'm going to staple his pants to his nipples.

Once in a while I help a buddy out working on his lobster boat. He's a very liberal school teacher, and I wrestled with this in my mind, bringing a hand gun on his boat. Kept my mouth shut. We're life long friends, and finally one day I asked him, and he had no problem. Now he wants to go shooting at the club with me. I turned him loose on some targets with a few pistols on my property in Maine while I was cutting wood and he had the time of his life. He's hooked.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

my family knows about my ccw so they would assume im carrying anyways. other than that i would say nothing. specially if you have family thats anti gun. id keep my mouth shut on that one. lucky for me my family dont care that i carry.

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    I agree with most no but, if you print and someone in your group becomes aware of it could cause a problem. Pending on the attitude of your friends and family could cause a ruckus. Meaning by nature when someone who is not gun friendly or the fact that someone other than a LEO is carrying a gun is unnatural to them making them uncomfortable. This could draw attention to you in public which could also be bad. So if you go out to a restaurant it may be wise to tell them. It’s not a macho thing as someone pointed out it’s a: I don’t want to cause a scene thing. Not saying that someone in your party would on purpose cause a scene but, it’s human nature to react freakish in that type of situation. You have to remember it’s not normal for most to be carrying a gun. You have to feel out your crowd really is the only advise I can give you. Good Luck
    In your scenario I think it would be more of your family causing a "ruckus" then your friends. You can pick your friends..etc.
    I would hope that your friends and your family would understand you and respect you. If they were uncomfortable they should talk to you off on the side or say nothing until you are alone with them. I am not talking about you walking into their house. That I believe would be totally different and something you would be better discussing with them before you did come into their place carrying.
    If friends or even family cause a ruckus just get new ones! I do understand your point of "carrying" being "unnatural" to them.

10. Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    In your scenario I think it would be more of your family causing a "ruckus" then your friends. You can pick your friends..etc.
    I would hope that your friends and your family would understand you and respect you. If they were uncomfortable they should talk to you off on the side or say nothing until you are alone with them. I am not talking about you walking into their house. That I believe would be totally different and something you would be better discussing with them before you did come into their place carrying.
    If friends or even family cause a ruckus just get new ones! I do understand your point of "carrying" being "unnatural" to them.
    I never had a problem thatís not what I am saying. What I am saying is that I can see it being a problem. If someone is asking the question of what should you do than I assume that he or she thinks it could be a problem? Otherwise why ask the question?

11. My only comment to this kind of question is "Go put your gun in the safe until you learn the appicable laws and get your head on straight before you carry." I am not trying to be rude or mean here. This is meant as helpful advice. This strikes me as basic information that you should already know if you are carrying. there is a lot more to this than strapping on a holster. Under what circumstances CAN you use it? Under what circumstances SHOULD you use it? What happens AFTER you use it? What are the state, federal and local laws and how do they come into play in making those deciions. Who should know you carry? Who should NOT know you carry. Who do you HAVE to tell you carry? What do you have to do if you have to use it? In what order? Ect, Ect, Ect.

Read, Learn and study everyting you can get your hands on BEFORE you carry for your own safety.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast