Visitors - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visitors

Quote Originally Posted by thebrez1 View Post
    My only comment to this kind of question is "Go put your gun in the safe until you learn the appicable laws and get your head on straight before you carry." I am not trying to be rude or mean here. This is meant as helpful advice. This strikes me as basic information that you should already know if you are carrying. there is a lot more to this than strapping on a holster. Under what circumstances CAN you use it? Under what circumstances SHOULD you use it? What happens AFTER you use it? What are the state, federal and local laws and how do they come into play in making those deciions. Who should know you carry? Who should NOT know you carry. Who do you HAVE to tell you carry? What do you have to do if you have to use it? In what order? Ect, Ect, Ect.

Read, Learn and study everyting you can get your hands on BEFORE you carry for your own safety.
    Not rude, but helpful. +1 to ya.

You dont have to notify anyone around you that you carry...Its just uneeded.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

O.K., I'm the "new guy" and thanks for everyones feedback/input, I really do appreciate it. I spent a few years in the Air Force (24 years) so I am used to getting in the books and regs. I've read LRS 40:1379.3 and La Dept. of Public Safety and Corrections pub regarding my post. Also completed the required concealed carry classes. I am also an armed security officer for PGS. The question I asked was, so to say, was to break the ice, introduce myself and to get a feel for USA Carry. So far so good..If you have to school me then do so, if not, then DO NOT TALK DOWN TO ME! I don't know you/you don't know me. If we live somewhat close we can sit and have a cold one and be on the same page. v/r John (btw, it's etc, etc..)

The only time I tell people I'm carrying is if they are in the car with me and I have to reach over and put my gun in the glove box (In OHIO I'm not allowed to carry in a place that serves liquor)

6. Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    The only time I tell people I'm carrying is if they are in the car with me and I have to reach over and put my gun in the glove box (In OHIO I'm not allowed to carry in a place that serves liquor)
    You serve liquor in your car?!? Can I get a ride!?!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    In SC that would only be legal in a limo, taxi, or bus that has a passenger compartment separate from the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Sorry I'll clarify. If we go to like Applebees, O'Charlies, or any place that has Alcohol being served, I can not carry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123