Run in with Florida FWC (game) officer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Run in with Florida FWC (game) officer

Run in with Florida FWC (game) officer

I had a FWC Officer (Fish and Game) come up on me and my friend as we were coming back to the parking lot from Bow hunting (You must carry concealed while bow hunting)..

He said something like Hey guys.. We said Hi, and then he said, do you guys have weapons on you..
    We both said yes, and we have concealed permits..
    He then said, It would have been nice if you had told me..

What???

He said Hi and the 1st words out of my mouth was supposed to be Hi, I'm packing???

He was a very young officer.

After much other conversation, I tried to educate him by reverse questioning.. I said, I'm just trying to understand, I know several states have a requirement to inform an officer, but I believe that I am NOT required in Florida to inform you if I'm conceal carrying here in Florida, although it is a courtesy.

He said that I was correct...

I said, now if you had asked me for my license, I likely would have provided my permit at the same time (actually I'm not sure I would have), But I'm not required correct, even though it would be a courtesy.. He again agreed..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

You are quite the diplomat!
    Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    You are quite the diplomat!
    Nicely done!
    Thanx Fo3

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Cool, calm and collected. Good job. He'll know better next time too, and he won't have a bad memory to remind him. Again, good job.

well done and two thumbs up. I have heard of people being rude and I must ask why would you ask for trouble? If your polite they will most likely be polite. Again well done and I think a great example for all to learn from.
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

7. Some Officers Especially the new or Young one just feel that they need to exert there power or authority, they need to show you that they are in charge. you handled that right. he may think twice before working someone in that manner again.

Quote Originally Posted by tismejb3d View Post
    he may think twice before working someone in that manner again.
    Thanx for the support guys..
    The officer was not rude about it, or say it in a nasty way, more in a matter of fact way.. I wasn't offended, I just couldn't figure out WHEN he expected me to tell him???
    Funny, my friend was carrying two guns, a .357 on his hip and then he forgot he had his .380 Keltec in his pocket.. After I had surrendered my gun and he had surrendered his .357, my friend then says to the officer.. Oh, I forgot that I have a second pistol..
    Hopefully the officer will learn something from that as well.. Just because we surrendered our weapons does NOT mean we are unarmed.. If we were people with bad intentions, he might have put hims in a bad situation.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Well done on your part. Seems to me he was trying to catch you without concealed permits, but that sure was a sneaky way of doing it.

Thumbs up

HootmonSccy,

You handled that perfectly! As stated earlier, the officer will hopefully have learned something from the encounter.

I just got my Florida resident license recently (only took 2 weeks wow!) and I hope to not have a run in with LEO, but if I do, I will remember your encounter and how you handled it.

Thanks for sharing and stay safe!
    NRA, GOA, USCCA, OFCC, BFA, USA Carry

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[QUOTE=.38 girl;162259]I just got my Florida resident license recently (only took 2 weeks wow!) ...EDITED FOR BREVITYQUOTE]

Sorry for a small hijack:

Just to make it clear to forum readers, Florida does not differentiate between resident and non-resident licenses. They are so serious about this that they don't even print your address on your license any more. (THEY JUST RECENTLY STARTED OMMITTING THE ADDRESS, SO IF YOURS IS OVER A YEAR OLD, IT MAY HAVE YOUR ADDRESS ON YOUR LICENSE)

So for those who do not live in FL and want a license that covers a lot of states, lasts for 7 years, and can be obtained in 2 weeks or less lately (got mine in 5 working days), highly recommended.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast