LEO Right to disarm legal Concealed Carrier? - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: LEO Right to disarm legal Concealed Carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Treo: I do not think the word "elitism" is the correct description on "some" gun owners. I think it is the same reason motorcyclists have to make sure their bikes make a lot of noise---I believe there is an inverse relationship to big guns and loud motorcyclists and small yada yada yada. This is all about testosterone or lack of it. Those that like to talk a big talk on this forum are comfortable at their computers in their pj's---usually it is the quiet ones who carry the big stick and will, god forbid, walk the walk. Just sayin forum members. I apologize now if I have insulted some but, like I said--just sayin. I took the CCWP class and training because I found it interesting and I learned a lot about my firearm, the law, and myself. When I carry I do so because I can and, if anything, it is my silent way of making me feel like I am protesting the disgusting abuses of our current federal government and its disregard of the Constitution. I am 69 and have never felt that I have been in the kind of imminent danger that would ever necessitate the use of my firearm. Always "what if" and, of course, that is in my thinking, but it is a lot deeper than that--at least for me.

I agree. This board is full of internet badasses....you know, the ones who feel the need to thump their chests with a badass picture for their avatar, put tough-guy quotes in their signature lines, etc. Ask any combat vet - they'll tell you that the ones who brag about "dying on a pile of warm brass" are usually the ones curled up in a ball and cryin' for mama when the SHTF.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Hey B2: Surprised and happy to see agreement. Thought for sure the first reply would not even finish reading my comments and apology and give me a lot of their small yada yada yada garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    It's called The Bill of Rights. It's in The Constitution. It's new. You might not have heard of it. Your mistake is understandable

But my rights prexisted the Constitution (that's a fact of English common law) and the would continue to exist if the whole document was scrapped tomorrow

The right to life & liberty are natural human rights. They descend to us from God (or nature if you prefer) alone and they exist wholly & totally separate from any Government or Law or Court or Document. This was proven in the Warsaw Ghetto and at Sobibor and at Treblinka. Incumbent to these rights is the right to defend them by any means necessary or available, regardless of what any government says or how any court interprets.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

It's called The Bill of Rights. It's in The Constitution. It's new. You might not have heard of it. Your mistake is understandable
    You know, even TV got it right a few years ago. On one of those game shows, I think it was "Who wants to be a Millionaire" they asked the question, "Does the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution give the right to keep and bear arms?" The answer was no, it does not give the right, it protects the right, and the Constitution protects all other rights. DOH!

Your mistake is not so understandable, but it does figure.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    But my rights prexisted the Constitution (that's a fact of English common law) and the would continue to exist if the whole document was scrapped tomorrow

The right to life & liberty are natural human rights. They descend to us from God (or nature if you prefer) alone and they exist wholly & totally separate from any Government or Law or Court or Document. This was proven in the Warsaw Ghetto and at Sobibor and at Treblinka. Incumbent to these rights is the right to defend them by any means necessary or available, regardless of what any government says or how any court interprets.
    Life and liberty - yup. Natural human rights. God-given, if you will.

The right to bear arms? The right to a speedy trial? Excessive bail? Jury trials?? Nope. Those aren't God-given unless you've managed to deify the founding fathers.

Don't confuse natural rights with the rights granted by a democratic society.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    You know, even TV got it right a few years ago. On one of those game shows, I think it was "Who wants to be a Millionaire" they asked the question, "Does the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution give the right to keep and bear arms?" The answer was no, it does not give the right, it protects the right, and the Constitution protects all other rights. DOH!

Your mistake is not so understandable, but it does figure.
    Who Want To Be A Millionaire?? Really? What's your next source.....Dr. Seuss?

Has your argument fizzled so poorly that, in addition to hair-splitting and petty semantics, you've resorted to using game shows to try to back up your point of view?? Apparently.

Life and liberty - yup. Natural human rights. God-given, if you will.

The right to bear arms?
    Did you miss this part of my post?

Incumbent to these rights is the right to defend them by any means necessary or available, regardless of what any government says or how any court interprets.

If I have the right to life and liberty I have the right to defend them
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Did you miss this part of my post?

Incumbent to these rights is the right to defend them by any means necessary or available, regardless of what any government says or how any court interprets.

If I have the right to life and liberty I have the right to defend them
    Me thinks it's time to stop arguing with this obviously anti-self defense person. His, is the typical argument of the left of center types, who think self defense is fine for them, but not every one else.

Either that, or he's a government spy who obviously thinks our rights are "granted" by the government, and therefore, can be taken away.

For one thing, he doesn't seem to get that the People of the United States grant powers to the government, not vice-versa. But, it's not his fault. A lot of people today, seem to think that way. And why not? We've pretty much let our government run a muck.

In any event, in the words of Han Solo {BAM** (as he shoots the communications console) Boring conversation anyway.

Han shot first

Han shot first
    Yeah, he did.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast