LEO Right to disarm legal Concealed Carrier? - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: LEO Right to disarm legal Concealed Carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    OK but my point remains - the Constitution grants the right to bear arms but it also grants states the right to mitigate how those arms may be borne.

The Conventions of a number of the States having, at the time of adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added, and as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government will best insure the beneficent ends of its institution;
    The Constitution doesn't grant you anything it limits and defines the power of government
    Last edited by Treo; 01-09-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Edits in red
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    It's that simple. You are not exercising any right to carry a gun at all in Florida. What you are is part of an elite, licensed group, who have paid the government to be part of an elite group.
    I think there is an element of elitism in some gun owners. I think some of them like the idea of havibg to take a class and take a test to carry a gun. It's like they they feel that permit is a membership card to some elite fraternity.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The Constituion doesn't grant you anything it limits and defines the power of government
    Ummmmm.....apparently it does.
    Article 1, section 1: All the legislative powers herein granted.....
    You see, I can split hairs too!

Also, you should have put a comma between the words "anything" and "limits" in your post.
    You see, I can rely on semantics too!
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Hey Treo: I do not think the word "elitism" is the correct description on "some" gun owners. I think it is the same reason motorcyclists have to make sure their bikes make a lot of noise---I believe there is an inverse relationship to big guns and loud motorcyclists and small yada yada yada. This is all about testosterone or lack of it. Those that like to talk a big talk on this forum are comfortable at their computers in their pj's---usually it is the quiet ones who carry the big stick and will, god forbid, walk the walk. Just sayin forum members. I apologize now if I have insulted some but, like I said--just sayin. I took the CCWP class and training because I found it interesting and I learned a lot about my firearm, the law, and myself. When I carry I do so because I can and, if anything, it is my silent way of making me feel like I am protesting the disgusting abuses of our current federal government and its disregard of the Constitution. I am 69 and have never felt that I have been in the kind of imminent danger that would ever necessitate the use of my firearm. Always "what if" and, of course, that is in my thinking, but it is a lot deeper than that--at least for me.

You don't get to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution you support and which parts you don't. It's all or nothing. I support The Constitution in it's entirety, not just the parts I find convenient. Got a problem with your state's gun laws?? Move to New Hampshire where permits are not needed, otherwise lead a campaign in your state to get the laws changed. That's how it works in this country.
    Somehow, I doubt that you do, (support the whole constitution, that is) otherwise, you'd be all for Constitutional carry, meaning full rights, no papers needed.

And FYI, it's Vermont, Alaska and Arizona where permits/licenses are not needed, not New Hampshire. NH requires a permit to carry concealed, and to carry in a vehicle.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Ummmmm.....apparently it does.
    Article 1, section 1: All the legislative powers herein granted.....
    You see, I can split hairs too!

Also, you should have put a comma between the words "anything" and "limits" in your post.
    You see, I can rely on semantics too!
    I believe Treo's intent was the Constitution doesn't grant "rights," which is what you indicated. It does grant powers to the federal and state governments, but it protects the rights of individuals. Our individual rights are not granted. They are inherent, or God-given, if you prefer. Technically speaking, the government cannot take away our rights, unless of course, we let them. And unfortunately, we have been letting them infringe on our rights for probably 150 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    I believe Treo's intent was the Constitution doesn't grant "rights," which is what you indicated. It does grant powers to the federal and state governments, but it protects the rights of individuals. Our individual rights are not granted. They are inherent, or God-given, if you prefer. Technically speaking, the government cannot take away our rights, unless of course, we let them. And unfortunately, we have been letting them infringe on our rights for probably 150 years.
    Big Gay Al lines up the shot. He shoots he SCORES The crowd goes wild

^the crowd^

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Treo: I do not think the word "elitism" is the correct description on "some" gun owners. I think it is the same reason motorcyclists have to make sure their bikes make a lot of noise---I believe there is an inverse relationship to big guns and loud motorcyclists and small yada yada yada. This is all about testosterone or lack of it. Those that like to talk a big talk on this forum are comfortable at their computers in their pj's---usually it is the quiet ones who carry the big stick and will, god forbid, walk the walk. Just sayin forum members. I apologize now if I have insulted some but, like I said--just sayin. I took the CCWP class and training because I found it interesting and I learned a lot about my firearm, the law, and myself. When I carry I do so because I can and, if anything, it is my silent way of making me feel like I am protesting the disgusting abuses of our current federal government and its disregard of the Constitution. I am 69 and have never felt that I have been in the kind of imminent danger that would ever necessitate the use of my firearm. Always "what if" and, of course, that is in my thinking, but it is a lot deeper than that--at least for me.
    I have to disagree here, sort of. I think, when it comes to those who carry a gun, the reasons are as varied, as then number of flavors in a bag of Jelly Bellies. I think you will find all kinds of people who pack heat. Everything from those who carry for self defense, to those compensating for a small ego (insert your favorite body part in place of ego), to those who think it's Macho, or who just like showing off.

Although, I do think the vast majority do so for self defense, and to exercise their God-given right. Me, I'm compensating for a small *****. That's why I tow a 155mm Long Tom behind my vehicle.

Somehow, I doubt that you do, (support the whole constitution, that is) otherwise, you'd be all for Constitutional carry, meaning full rights, no papers needed.

And FYI, it's Vermont, Alaska and Arizona where permits/licenses are not needed, not New Hampshire. NH requires a permit to carry concealed, and to carry in a vehicle.
    It appears as if I'm the only one here who does support the entire constitution. <knock, knock> Anybody home? Hello? It's The Constitution (yes, that one....THE Constitution) that allows states to work out the details of each amendment as they see fit so long as the overall aim and spirit of each amendment is kept intact. You or I may not agree with a particular state's gun laws but apparently the Supreme Court does in most cases as do the people of that state who don't seem very concerned about electing leaders and lawmakers who're going to change said laws. If that's what the majority of the state's residents want then that's what they get! Stop trying to force your views on everyone else! They are perfectly capable of voting for change if they so choose.

It's The Constitution at work, my firends! The whole Constitution, not just the parts you like!

It's called The Bill of Rights. It's in The Constitution. It's new. You might not have heard of it. Your mistake is understandable

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast