.45 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .45

I carry the same gun all the time. In the same place all the time. That way I know what it is and where it is, under stress the mind works funny, but your muscles don't forget.

My choice is compact. Make and model are a matter of choice.

It is easy to conceal summer or winter.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    I carry the same gun all the time. In the same place all the time. That way I know what it is and where it is, under stress the mind works funny, but your muscles don't forget.

My choice is compact. Make and model are a matter of choice.

It is easy to conceal summer or winter.
    My choice is Glock, because if you've learned to shoot one, you've learned to shoot them all.

this question is like asking someone what the best deer rifle is...I carry a bersa thunder 45 in the warm weather months and a xd45sc in the cool weather months no further explanation necessary I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by xdaddict View Post
    this question is like asking someone what the best deer rifle is...
    Glock.

My choice is the XDm .45.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

You can comfortably carry a 5" 1911 all day long if you have the right Holster and a GOOD BELT!!
    I carry a 5" STI and I did carry a CBOB for a few years and G30 . It all comes down to the Holster and Belt!!
    CHL/CWP Classes
    DPS/BCI/NRA Certified Instructor
    www.defensiveimpact.com

Rookie question: Why a .45? Stopping power obviously, but what about penetration and weight? Wouldn't you want something a little smaller to reduce the risk of a stray bullet overpenetrating and striking an innocent?

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4good View Post
    Rookie question: Why a .45? Stopping power obviously, but what about penetration and weight? Wouldn't you want something a little smaller to reduce the risk of a stray bullet overpenetrating and striking an innocent?
    A .45 is very unlikely to over-penetrate, especially if it's a HP. Unlikely even if it's a FMJ round. If it were to over-penetrate, it wouldn't have enough energy left to harm an innocent bystander. I've heard of it happening only once, and the bullet (FMJ) was found on the floor about a foot behind the victim. And this shooting happened at a very close range.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Why not get lots of them!? I have a Kimber Pro which is a 4 inch, a Glock 30, and just got an HK USP. Options are always nice. I would ccw any of them, but I prefer the Kimber.

Safety Harbor, Florida since 2006 Waterloo, New York before 2006.
    I have two Kimber Ultra CDP II's a 45acp and a 9mm some times I carry a full size Kimber Eclipse Custom II. It all depends on what I am doing and the weather. I use a Milt Sparks Holster, a VMII or a Summer Special II for my 5" I hang these on a Beltman belt. I am ordering a Milt Sparks belt and another VMII for a Ed Brown Kobra Carry I have on order. Trips to the beach gets a Sig P238 SAS in a Milt Sparks Summer Special I had for a Colt Mustang.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast