Concealed Carry While Trick or Treating on Halloween? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Are you going to carry a concealed weapon while trick or treating at Halloween?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course!

64 68.09%
  • No, I think I'll be leaving it home.

4 4.26%
  • No trick or treating for me this year!

26 27.66%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry While Trick or Treating on Halloween?

Absolutly. I carry everywhere 24/7. You never know what you might run into. I go a lot of places that there are kids and a lot of places that it is dark. I don't see that as an excuse not to be armed. I don't really celebrate Halloween but if I were to and if am am out when it is going on you can bet I will be armed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I always carried a pistol when my daughter was young and I took her out for Halloween. Now that she's 23 she can carry her own pistol, I'm staying home.

Why would one go any place without their weapon?

I would not leave mine at home. Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. And to keep from worrying about missing your target have your gun equipped with a laser. I have laser max for my Glock 19 but any laser will work when that red dot hits their crouch they will usually turn and run away meaning no shot has to be fired. But just in case you have to fire a shot make sure you hit what your aiming at and that the bullets in your gun will not exit the target. I would use Glaser Safety Slug or Magsafe ammo as they claim they will not over penetrate the target and will not pass through walls. I have heard that they will go through walls and that they won't penetrate the bad guy/gal enough to stop him/her. So the best advise I can give is use what ever ammo you think will suffice and be sure you hit your target and know what is behind it. With any luck the laser will scare them away and let you go about your night.
    Last edited by Kasper; 10-30-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    Why would one go any place without their weapon?
    Because the State of South Carolina has way too many "no-carry zones". South Carolina is a "Shall-Issue*" state. The asterisk means that while the state will issue you a permit on a shall issue basis, there are so many exceptions that it can be hard to carry all the time.

To answer your question slightly restated, Why would one go any place, where they may legally carry, without their weapon? Well, that's just plain foolish, IMHO.

I don't live in South Carolina.

Our kids are long gone (Thank God), but I'll be on the decorated front porch handing out candy to the kids.

Kids are not the problem, it's the adult-aged "children" who come around right at the end of the T or T session that I always worry about.

Not paranoid, just careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Our kids are long gone (Thank God), but I'll be on the decorated front porch handing out candy to the kids.
    I decided that this year I would hand out miniature CCW badges instead of candy.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I decided that this year I would hand out miniature CCW badges instead of candy.
    This is quite the obsession with "CCW Badges" that you have...

I go out with my kids and a few friends who have kids. No different than any other day. So Yes I'll carry. Just need to be extra attentive...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast