Concealed Carry While Trick or Treating on Halloween? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Are you going to carry a concealed weapon while trick or treating at Halloween?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course!

64 68.09%
  • No, I think I'll be leaving it home.

4 4.26%
  • No trick or treating for me this year!

26 27.66%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry While Trick or Treating on Halloween?

To many child molesters and other assorted weirdos out during that time so it's a yes on carry. Just means more diligence should the need arise. I should state that my kids are all to old to trick or treat now but I carried in the past while walking around with them.

Could be worse

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    This is quite the obsession with "CCW Badges" that you have...
    Oh heck it could be worse. I could be like some of the various Catholic organizations who obsess over abortion and talk about it in ever conversation. I get the point that the Catholic church wants to outlaw abortion and tell women that they do not have the right to decide what's best for their bodies, but still they feel the need to bring it up every single conversation. Sometimes I think the Catholic church fusses over abortion so much to deflect critism about Priest sex scandals and money laundering by the Vatican Bank.

So the differance can be summed up with, I talk about CCW badges because because it's a big joke. The Catholic church talks about abortion, because they are a big joke.

4. A very BAD joke, however. Remember, there is no tyranny more bloody and terrible than a theocracy.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Thumbs down Lateran Accords

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Felix View Post
    A very BAD joke, however. Remember, there is no tyranny more bloody and terrible than a theocracy.
    Keep in mind that the Vatican City was set up by Benito Musellini through the Lateran Accords. As such the Vatican is the last vestage of 1930's era Naziism.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Oh heck it could be worse. I could be like some of the various Catholic organizations who obsess over abortion and talk about it in ever conversation. I get the point that the Catholic church wants to outlaw abortion and tell women that they do not have the right to decide what's best for their bodies, but still they feel the need to bring it up every single conversation. Sometimes I think the Catholic church fusses over abortion so much to deflect critism about Priest sex scandals and money laundering by the Vatican Bank.

So the differance can be summed up with, I talk about CCW badges because because it's a big joke. The Catholic church talks about abortion, because they are a big joke.
    I am not Catholic but I will say the woman having a say over here body stops when she uses that lame excuse to destroy the body, sole and spirit of a baby.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post
    i'm in IL so i cant.. otherwise i would be... saw a cool bandit cowboy outfit... already got a gun and holster for it lol... and it would be concealed cause there was a trenchcoat part of the costume...
    Sorry bud I used to be from Illinois also . When the time comes retire to a ccw state ! God Bless

8. Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Our kids are long gone (Thank God), but I'll be on the decorated front porch handing out candy to the kids.

Kids are not the problem, it's the adult-aged "children" who come around right at the end of the T or T session that I always worry about.

Not paranoid, just careful.
    Me too buddy . I had a kid kick my front door about 4 years ago with hi father behind him ! I waited in a dark hallway . Who knew what they were trying to accomplish at 10:00 p.m. I had a big surprise if they came in ! Always stay prepared on that goofy day ! God Bless (Trying to get by in this bad economy )

Went out for Japanese food last night and it got too hot with them cooking at our table so I had to take my jacket off and it became slightly obvious I had SOMETHING under my shirt to me, but didn't know what it appeared to be to others. So I asked my wife, "does this gun make my butt look big?" She just shakes her head and tolerates me. But in this state it must be totally concealed! Too much hassle with a costume I think.

I don't think I'd carry trick or treating, but my kid is grown past that now so I just stayed in, watched the Pats spank Brett Favre, and handed out candy.

But if you think about it, Halloween is a great night for handing out retribution. One of the few nights a year you can wear a mask on the street and not draw attention to yourself. so it might be a wise ti,e to carry.

Tough call.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

you are way too old to be going trick or treating.
    Roy
    Dacono CO
    CCW, Ruger LCR, Winchester 94, S&W 686-3

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    But if you think about it, Halloween is a great night for handing out retribution. One of the few nights a year you can wear a mask on the street and not draw attention to yourself. so it might be a wise ti,e to carry.

Tough call.
    Thats why i was carrying when handing out candy... i kept it under my shirt tho... any other time of year someone walks up to your door in a mask you wouldnt open the door...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast