Concealed Carry While Trick or Treating on Halloween? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Are you going to carry a concealed weapon while trick or treating at Halloween?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course!

64 68.09%
  • No, I think I'll be leaving it home.

4 4.26%
  • No trick or treating for me this year!

26 27.66%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry While Trick or Treating on Halloween?

1. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Oh heck it could be worse. I could be like some of the various Catholic organizations who obsess over abortion and talk about it in ever conversation.
    That's uncalled for. You're the one who made catholicism/abortion part of this conversation. Being pro-life has nothing to do with tyranny. If you believe an unborn child is a person, and I personally do, then the killing of that life is murder.

You may not agree about when a life is a life, but when you make the issue into some sort of female oppression conspiracy, you sound more like a liberal feminist.

BTW, I have no problem with feminism in the purest sense - gender equality - but I do think the mainstream concept has strayed pretty far.

Wow, I really thought my first post here was going to be, I don't know - GUN related. So here goes - I took my kids trick-or-treating and carried. What better time than when your family is wandering around the streets at night? I understand the concern about hitting someone innocent, but I'd rather not pre-emptively limit my options. If it comes to the point of shooting someone, you're doing it to *save* lives because the situation is already very bad.

It's after Halloween now but I carried that night while bringing my kids around. A person who carries is extra vigilent as a normal thing but on that night you just kick that up a few notches so you know that the ghostie is just looking for candy and not something else.. Also you never know when that time might come when you end up having to use it. Nowadays it is more likely that you would need it on some holiday or major event so I carry all the time. Walther PPS 40 cal, nice, thin & packs a punch.

Carried my LCP while I was the Scare Crow, Wifey was Dorothy and the baby girl was a Victorian Vampire.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Quote Originally Posted by chubbysurvivalist View Post
    That's uncalled for. You're the one who made catholicism/nazi-ism part of this conversation. Being catholic or nazi has nothing to do with tyranny.

You may not agree about the nazis, but when you make the issue into some sort of jewish oppression conspiracy, you sound more like a liberal feminist.
    How is it uncalled for? The Catholic church is beligerant, abusive, corupt, and delusional. It's full of child molestors, holocaust denyers, people who condone murder of doctors and bombing abortion clinics, and antigun activists.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbysurvivalist View Post
    That's uncalled for. You're the one who made catholicism/abortion part of this conversation. Being pro-life has nothing to do with tyranny. If you believe an unborn child is a person, and I personally do, then the killing of that life is murder.

You may not agree about when a life is a life, but when you make the issue into some sort of female oppression conspiracy, you sound more like a liberal feminist.

BTW, I have no problem with feminism in the purest sense - gender equality - but I do think the mainstream concept has strayed pretty far.

Wow, I really thought my first post here was going to be, I don't know - GUN related. So here goes - I took my kids trick-or-treating and carried. What better time than when your family is wandering around the streets at night? I understand the concern about hitting someone innocent, but I'd rather not pre-emptively limit my options. If it comes to the point of shooting someone, you're doing it to *save* lives because the situation is already very bad.
    +1. and what better time for someone to attack you than when everyone is wearing a mask. If I did not carry because of the "chance" I might hit an innocent person then I would leave my gun at home when I go to the mall, the grocery store, the park, out to eat, the movies, church .............. There are people everywhere you go and children just about everywhere. That is why you practice, practice, practice and "know your target and what is behind it".
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    How is it uncalled for? The Catholic church is beligerant, abusive, corupt, and delusional. It's full of child molestors, holocaust denyers, people who condone murder of doctors and bombing abortion clinics, and antigun activists.
    Would you too just cut it out. This thread is about Halloween. If you want to bicker with each other just do it in a private message or get a room. Ridiculous.

This is the first warning to both of you.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

8. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You changed my quote to make me sound racist. As anyone can verify by going to my post, there is no mention of nazis, and there never was. I'm not going to debate your ignorance on what you think my beliefs are, but changing somebody's quote to make yourself sound better is low.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    +1. and what better time for someone to attack you than when everyone is wearing a mask. If I did not carry because of the "chance" I might hit an innocent person then I would leave my gun at home when I go to the mall, the grocery store, the park, out to eat, the movies, church .............. There are people everywhere you go and children just about everywhere. That is why you practice, practice, practice and "know your target and what is behind it".
    +1 on that. Practice and knowing the rules of firearm safety are vital.

Wink Second thoughts for Halloween

It's a little late now, but I have decided on a costume for next year. I'll be going as Magnum PI. That way I can go armed as part of my costume!

I am going as Obama. That way I can take candy from the children that went out and trick or treated and give it to others that were lazy and stayed home.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast