Concealed Carry While Trick or Treating on Halloween?

View Poll Results: Are you going to carry a concealed weapon while trick or treating at Halloween?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, of course!

64 68.09%
  • No, I think I'll be leaving it home.

4 4.26%
  • No trick or treating for me this year!

26 27.66%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry While Trick or Treating on Halloween?

Concealed Carry While Trick or Treating on Halloween?

I was just trying to figure out what I'm going to be for Halloween. My wife and I are going to a friends house to hang out and do some trick or treating with their kid and the neighborhood kids. As I was thinking about the costume I also though, am I going to be carrying? Didn't take long to answer that with a Yes. I'll definitely get a costume now that'll still let me conceal my Glock 26 but also access it quickly. I could just throw a sheet on and cut some holes in it.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Blog Entries
    Not me. Too many kids around, dark, unable to see what's behind the bad guy in case a round were to go through..
    I'm not willing to risk hitting a bystander and the environment is heavily biased in that direction. I'll rely on cqc if it comes to that on Halloween. If I didn't have that to fall back on for whatever reason, I might consider differently.

That's just me though. Carry on. No pun intended =P
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

i'm in IL so i cant.. otherwise i would be... saw a cool bandit cowboy outfit... already got a gun and holster for it lol... and it would be concealed cause there was a trenchcoat part of the costume...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Go in costume as James Brady or Bill Clinton, that should scare the hell out of anybody with common sense...LOL

Those of you who live in open carry-friendly states could just go as cowboys. That's the easiest way to pull it off without all the looks and stares from antis. Plus, accessibility isn't compromised.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Those of you who live in open carry-friendly states could just go as cowboys. That's the easiest way to pull it off without all the looks and stares from antis. Plus, accessibility isn't compromised.
    I like it! Too bad no open carry here in Florida.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

8. I do plan to take the kids trick or treating, walk around town and enjoy the decorations. And since I ALWAYS carry, I certainly will not leave it at home just because it's Halloween. Gonna have good flashlights, too.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    I like it! Too bad no open carry here in Florida.
    you could always carry your fishin pole with you also and go as a cowboy on his way to go fishing. lol. I dont plan on dressing up but I do plan on carrying, openly sounds nice. i wonder if the wife will carry also
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

Naa! I'm too old to go Trick or Treating, and besides that, some kook with an AK-47 might jump out and shoot me, or be shot by me! Even at 68 I'm still pretty fast...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    I was just trying to figure out what I'm going to be for Halloween. My wife and I are going to a friends house to hang out and do some trick or treating with their kid and the neighborhood kids. As I was thinking about the costume I also though, am I going to be carrying? Didn't take long to answer that with a Yes. I'll definitely get a costume now that'll still let me conceal my Glock 26 but also access it quickly. I could just throw a sheet on and cut some holes in it.
    Well, if your going to wear a big ol' sheet, then you might as well wear a big ol' gun too!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast