How many CCW permits do you all have? - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: How many CCW permits do you all have?

1. I have Texas resident CHL, so I have reciprocity in 35 states.
    J

3. Re: How many CCW permits do you all have?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Herring View Post
    Okay here is the question I want to put forth;
    What permits would I need to be covered in all legal states. KS resident so I have several midwestern states already. We shall find out about IL by July 4th. But to cover all the rest what is needed?
    Well first of all you'd either need to be a LEO, public official, etc because you'll NEVER get a non-resident permit for CA, NY, HI, NJ and most of the New England states that only recognize their own permits which are either a ***** to get or impossible because of restrictions. South Carolina won't issue unless you have real property there (house, shack, etc).

The database on USACarry is old. The best I've found is handgunlaw.us CONSTANTLY updates its data, reciprocity agreements and whatnot change so often it's not funny and no offense to usacarry but the map is old (NM recognizes AZ permits again). Handgunlaw.us has a map where you just check the boxes of the states you have permits for and it shows you which states recognize and which do not.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

4. Dale, since you have Kansas You need a FL non Resident. Then you can get a Maine, New Hampshire and Connecticut by mail. This will cover you in every state possible.
    Maine, NH and CT permit/license can be obtained by mail. It will cost you about $450 to get all four of those permit/licenses.

There are some states you can never be legal in.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Depends on how big the state. Big states, easy to get permits. Little weanie states, tough to get permit. I'm talking real estate here, not population, to determine state size. Most larger states are MUST ISSUE. Check the maps!
    Not always true. Texas has very strict regulations on their CHL...

Last time I checked, California was a large state.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

7. Re: How many CCW permits do you all have?

Well Hawaii...not a snowball's chance in hell. The middle of nowhere desert in eastern CA, yeah you could find a sheriff who'd issue you a permit hehe. Never thought of that.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I suppose that I am very lucky to be able to carry in ALL states as a retired LEO. I live in Va. and Va. issued me a permit with no charge because of the retired status from law enforcement. Other then that it would be $50.00 for 5 year's.
    Bill

Indiana Resident, stationed in New Jersey
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    How tough are the East Coast permits to get? Some of the gun laws, let alone CCW laws, are pretty restrictive.
    I have my Indiana resident permit. I am military stationed in New Jersey. You can forget getting one there unless you have a valid current credible threat against your life... even then probably not. My neighbor could carry when he was a active corrections officer, once he retired he had to give up his permit. Even retired cops cannot carry in the PRNJ.

Like Islander said each state varies... check the maps.
    Pick one that starts with a "4." Carry it every day. Practice, practice, practice. Pray you never need it.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbill View Post
    I suppose that I am very lucky to be able to carry in ALL states as a retired LEO. I live in Va. and Va. issued me a permit with no charge because of the retired status from law enforcement. Other then that it would be $50.00 for 5 year's.
    Bill
    You certainly are. It's a shame the rest of us have no way of accomplishing this. I get a driver's license and it's good in all 50 States, I get a CCW permit and it's willy nilly yes no maybe ...
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbill View Post
    I suppose that I am very lucky to be able to carry in ALL states as a retired LEO.
    No, you can't. Not all states grant that right to retired LEOs.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast