How many CCW permits do you all have? - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many CCW permits do you all have?

Nevada, Utah, New Hampshire & Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Nevada and Utah. Got the Utah because they stopped recognizing NV, plus at the time it was recognized by 33 states (I think) while NV was not as recognized.
    Same here. Nevada and Utah because Nevada doesn't recognize Utah. I can send my application in for Florida since my class covered that state as well, but Florida would only give me New Mexico so I decided to save my $117.

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    Same here. Nevada and Utah because Nevada doesn't recognize Utah. I can send my application in for Florida since my class covered that state as well, but Florida would only give me New Mexico so I decided to save my $117.
    Look into AZ...FL and AZ have same training requirements...and AZ will give you NM.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Man, some of you guys have a lot. I need to get busy!

SC & Fla, I'm good in 33 States coverage. Don't plan to go to "Weenie States" or the upper East Coast anytime soon. I don't think I need to spend anymore time/money. Just me though.........
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Handgonnertoter,
    I have just read your thread and im very interested in it. Im new on this site and got my ccw permit (Pa) just this past spring.
    I live in Pa but my girlfriend lives in Ohio. I checked this site for Ohio ccw permit information and Ohio doesnt except Pa permit. Every time i cross state line im unloading my firearm. Ohio only issues permits to residents along with many other requirements.
    Now you said" Utah Non-resident so I could carry in Ohio". Am i missing something here? Or am i not reading the sit correctly? Please help me understand so i can carry in Ohio. Thank you Newt

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Handgonnertoter,
    I have just read your thread and im very interested in it. Im new on this site and got my ccw permit (Pa) just this past spring.
    I live in Pa but my girlfriend lives in Ohio. I checked this site for Ohio ccw permit information and Ohio doesnt except Pa permit. Every time i cross state line im unloading my firearm. Ohio only issues permits to residents along with many other requirements.
    Now you said" Utah Non-resident so I could carry in Ohio". Am i missing something here? Or am i not reading the sit correctly? Please help me understand so i can carry in Ohio. Thank you Newt
    Of the 6 states that border PA the PA LTCF is only honored by WV. If you were to get a permit from UT, FL, AZ, or VA you could then carry in OH and DE. If you are frequenting OH you really should get one or more.

mrjam2jab,
    Thank you. Yes after i posted i checked things out on this site. Like i said im new on the site and learning alot. I do understand now. Thank you mrjam2jab and allso like to thank usacarry.com for a very informitive site.

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    Handgonnertoter,
    Welcome Newt! As my former neighbor Mrjam2jab put it, Utah, Florida, or Arizona (have to take the course in AZ) will give you reciprocity for Ohio. Just be careful as different states tend to have slight variations as to where you can and can't carry. For example, Arkansas prohibits carry in churches. Some states prohibit carry in bars, but PA will allow it....if you don't drink alcohlol!

At least there's hope for folks in western Pennsylvania when crossing the border. I'm in the eastern part of the state, 45 minutes from un-gun-friendly New Jersekstan, with New York up top and Maryland down below! Except for a few miles of Maryland, the I-81 corridor going south is PA permit friendly!

I was considering a Utah or Florida permit, but the only state I travel to is New Jersey, so it wouldn't help me. I do carry a 3/4 ounce pepper spray, which is the largest size the restrictive garden state allows.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Welcome Newt! As my former neighbor Mrjam2jab put it, Utah, Florida, or Arizona (have to take the course in AZ) will give you reciprocity for Ohio. Just be careful as different states tend to have slight variations as to where you can and can't carry. For example, Arkansas prohibits carry in churches. Some states prohibit carry in bars, but PA will allow it....if you don't drink alcohlol!

At least there's hope for folks in western Pennsylvania when crossing the border. I'm in the eastern part of the state, 45 minutes from un-gun-friendly New Jersekstan, with New York up top and Maryland down below! Except for a few miles of Maryland, the I-81 corridor going south is PA permit friendly!

I was considering a Utah or Florida permit, but the only state I travel to is New Jersey, so it wouldn't help me. I do carry a 3/4 ounce pepper spray, which is the largest size the restrictive garden state allows.

Bold: Not anymore. As of July 29, 2010...the constitutional carry bill added multiple other options for training...and in-state training is no longer required. I received my AZ permit last month, using my NRA Basic that I took here in PA.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast