How many CCW permits do you all have? - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many CCW permits do you all have?

I read also that say if you live in MA and have a CCW and also have a FL non-resident CCW that the states normally covered by a FL resident CCW might not apply if you have a non-resident CCW. I think I have read that in several states laws.. I would be sure to check on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by davisway View Post
    I read also that say if you live in MA and have a CCW and also have a FL non-resident CCW that the states normally covered by a FL resident CCW might not apply if you have a non-resident CCW. I think I have read that in several states laws.. I would be sure to check on that point.
    CO, FL, ME, MI, NH, and SC....all require that the permit you use in their state for reciprocity be issued by your home state.

I currently have 7 concealed carry permits. I travel to New England frequently, so I need pretty much one for each state.

Easiest ones to get:
    New Hampshire (2 weeks, door to door) and PA (Centre County, 2 weeks, door to door), and both only need a copy, front and back of your home state's CWL (or any CWL for NH).

Arizona is real easy now, as I used a copy of my 6 other permits and my military ID as proof of training (took 1 week, door to door).

Florida (took 3 weeks) and Maine (took 50 days) both require training, but are easily gotten.

CT is a pain with poor directions on how to fill out, but they are shall issue. Took 30 days for that one.

West Virginia is shall issue to residents only (have to drop off/pick up in person) and took me 30 days (had to wait 90 to pick it up as I was out of state). My sister got hers a month ago and it took 1 day (dropped it off one day picked it up the next).

For me, I just have to get Massachusetts to cover where I travel in NE. Anyone have any current experiences with the great state of Taxachussetts?
    - NH (Resident), FL (NR), ME (NR), PA (NR), CT (NR), AZ (NR) PERMIT HOLDER
    (I travel to those states frequently for various reasons)
    http://gunfacts.info/

I have RI, MA, NH CT, ME and FL.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Bold: Not anymore. As of July 29, 2010...the constitutional carry bill added multiple other options for training...and in-state training is no longer required. I received my AZ permit last month, using my NRA Basic that I took here in PA.
    Thanks for the update on Arizona. It looks like a good deal price-wise if one already has the training certification. I still would need the training certificate, so I would probably lean towards the Florida permit to start. Are you familiar with "Ready Aim Fire" in Bristol and the permit classes they offer through Personal Defense Solutions?

Safety Harbor, Florida since 2006 Waterloo, New York before 2006.
    Florida resident. Took five months and one day to get.
    New York,my former state.I'm not sure if it is still good.
    Pennsylvania non resident. Took nine days to get.
    Like to be able to carry in California.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Thanks for the update on Arizona. It looks like a good deal price-wise if one already has the training certification. I still would need the training certificate, so I would probably lean towards the Florida permit to start. Are you familiar with "Ready Aim Fire" in Bristol and the permit classes they offer through Personal Defense Solutions?
    Ready Aim Fire has some of the highest training prices around. Aslo, on his website he is stating:

The Florida Division of Licensing (Website Contact: Contact Information - Division of Licensing, FDACS Florida CCW Application Processing Unit Phone: 850-245-5691. Division's Legal Dept. Phone: 850-245-5491) is no longer recognizing military honorable discharge papers, DD-214 certificates, or copies of Military IDs (active duty) as proof of firearms safety training that fulfills the education requirements of the Florida Statutes. Likewise, they are no longer recognizing any Hunter Safety certificates, nor are they accepting proof of being an active duty or retired law enforcement officer as valid proof of acceptable firearms training.
    Which we have not been able to find any basis of fact with FL.

I wouldnt go to them.

I have New York State, Pennsylvania,Florida & Neveda
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    Ready Aim Fire has some of the highest training prices around. Aslo, on his website he is stating:

Which we have not been able to find any basis of fact with FL.

I wouldnt go to them.
    In a sense I understand Eimer's marketing himself for out of state permits, although they don't do much for minimally traveling eastern Pennsylvanians like myself. I was unable to get a North Dakota permit before they changed their regulations because the few trainers I was able to contact did not want to work with me (?). Eimer apparently does Utah permit classes as well now.

Have you found other trainers in southeastern Pennsylvania that are more reasonably priced? I found one other Utah trainer in the Easton area, but his prices were about the same as Eimer's, minus his "paperwork fee."

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    In a sense I understand Eimer's marketing himself for out of state permits, although they don't do much for minimally traveling eastern Pennsylvanians like myself. I was unable to get a North Dakota permit before they changed their regulations because the few trainers I was able to contact did not want to work with me (?). Eimer apparently does Utah permit classes as well now.

Have you found other trainers in southeastern Pennsylvania that are more reasonably priced? I found one other Utah trainer in the Easton area, but his prices were about the same as Eimer's, minus his "paperwork fee."
    Marketing your classes is one thing...but to give false information in the process in order to get more business?

I took the class with Greg Brown of Team-Life...It was $100 in January.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast