How many CCW permits do you all have? - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How many CCW permits do you all have?

Permits!

AZ
    NH
    VA
    PA
    Chicago Gun Permit
    FOID(Illinois)

NOTE TO THOSE GETTING THE AZ NON RES PERMIT.THE TURNAROUND TIME FOR MINE WAS ABOUT A WEEK.

NEVADA IS A STICKLER. YOU HAVE TO GO THERE IN PERSON AND YOU HAVE TO TAKE THEIR TRAINING FROM ONE OF THEIR INSTRUCTORS.THEY WILLNOT DO THIS BY MAIL. I THINK A WAY TO CIRCUMVENT THIS ISSUE IS TO HAVE THE LEGISLATORS DEMAND RECIPROCITY AGREEMENTS.

ADDITIONALLY,I need help here in Illinois to get HB 0245 passed(CCW ILLINOIS) we desperately need CCW here and it HAS TO BE PRE EMPTIVE.
    we have 1.3 MILLION FOID CARD HOLDERS HERE and that is a huge number of votes! If ANYONE knows ANYBODY that can pressure Gov Quinn into signing that bill we would love you for it, eslt I have no choice but to call for his RECALL and to federally sue him for 2a right violations.

ARMED IN CHICAGO
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

3. Just the one. Florida-most of the surrounding states reconize it.

i have 3 right now. i hope to add 3 more soon.

k here's a question.

I hold VA,PA,NH an AZ permits.
    I would like to be able to get carry rights in, MN,WA,OR,NV,MI
    What im finding is that in NV for example they require you to show up and to take their training.As does MN. The nevada permit will give reciprocity for MN (as of 12 -2-2010)
    What Ive noticed is that the AZ permit seems to be the way to go.Should one need more detailed coverage then by all means apply. What Id like to know is
    What are the remaining states that accept training and fingerprints. My goal is to get as close to 50 State Coverage as possible.
    Thanks and Stay Safe.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Quote Originally Posted by cortchubby View Post
    k here's a question.

I hold VA,PA,NH an AZ permits.
    I would like to be able to get carry rights in, MN,WA,OR,NV,MI
    What im finding is that in NV for example they require you to show up and to take their training.As does MN. The nevada permit will give reciprocity for MN (as of 12 -2-2010)
    What Ive noticed is that the AZ permit seems to be the way to go.Should one need more detailed coverage then by all means apply. What Id like to know is
    What are the remaining states that accept training and fingerprints. My goal is to get as close to 50 State Coverage as possible.
    Thanks and Stay Safe.
    You will automatically get IA as of 1-1-11

FL will give you FL and WA
    NV will give you NV and MN
    CT will give you CT
    ME will give you ME
    RI will give you RI
    MA will give you MA

You will not be able to get MI as they only honor resident permits...unless MI will accept IL FOID as a carry permit...?

7. The Federal Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995 makes it a federal felony for an armed person to pass within 1000 feet of the property line of any K-12 school in the nation, unless they have a carry permit physically issued by the State in which school is located. Therefore, in order to carry legally in populated areas, it is necessary to get a permit from every State in which you intend to carry. The federal law needs to be amended, but as it stands currently, legal CCW reciprocity (in populated areas) does not exist.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/polit...important.html

Iowa in 2011?

Wow. Please do go into details about this Iowa thing. Iowa(my understanding) does NOT issue NR CCW. While its CHEAP(10 bucks according to this site) you have to be(again my understanding)a resident or visiting Iowa.
    Is this full reciprocity with states? what states arent recognized? Im assuming basic common sense restrictions apply.Tell you what, Ill call Iowa today 29 Dec 2010,and get further details about this revelation.

Now,I really really really need help in passing CCW in Illinois to include CHICAGO(pre emptive) Im pushing HB 0245,(which is civilian CCW) and there is a bill on the books for Disabled Police CCW THAT GOV QUINN REFUSES TO SIGN. I have a few angles on how to go about this but I would appreciate any input from the wise sages that frequent this site.

OK I found the Official IOWA ANSWER to my question

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/asd/SF2379_FAQ.pdf

I have the NR Utah. I would have gotten my local NC permit but you have to be a citizen for that which I am not (resident alien for 12 years and married to an American and as legal as can be but not a citizen (yet)). I do intend to look into getting the Florida NR permit to add a bit to the good to go list of states. I'd love to get a dozen permit and hand the officer that wants to see my permit a dozen of them just to see the look on his face ... lol ... ("you have a CCW permit from ... MARS???")

Quote Originally Posted by c.mcgillsr View Post
    I have a Massachsetts Resident Class A No restrictions, A Rhode Island non resident pistol permit.
    How did you get a RI non resident?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast