How many CCW permits do you all have? - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How many CCW permits do you all have?

1. I am from California (Yes I know I need to move out of state)

I have 13 CCW (I don't dare to even apply for one in CA since I'd probably get declined):

UTAH; VIRGINIA; FLORIDA; NEW HAMPSHIRE; ARIZONA; CONNECTICUT; NEVADA; MAINE; WASHINGTON STATE; TEXAS; IDAHO; OREGON; MINNESOTA

100% APPLIED BY MAIL:

Utah, Virginia (laminated license looks cheap but live signature of the State police chief), Florida, New Hampshire, Arizona (took under a week to get CCW), Connecticut (took 3 months+ to get CCW), Maine, Idaho (apply by mail but must pick up ccw permit in person)

IN PERSON/IN STATE REQUIREMENTS:

Nevada (training class and applied in person at Metro LV police stattion); effective July 1, 2011 no need to qualify with each semi pistol to have it listed on permit, just qualify with one and any semi can be carried, same with revolvers, qualify with one and you can carry any revolver

Texas (in State live fingerprinting and training class)

Minnesota (in State training and appled in person)

Idaho (in State applicationin person)

Oregon (in State application in person); non residents can get only if your home state borders (touches) Oregon such as Washington state, CA, NV, ID, the rest of the country cannot get a OR non resident permit

Washington State (in State application in person)

Details:

In about 1 year I got 13 CCW's. The "in State" ones I flew there to complete the requirements which were either training and/or apply in person.
    All out of state trips were 3 days or less, flew in one day, next day took class, 3rd day applied in person, flew back home

Washington: was meeting friends in Las Vegas for the weekend so I flew to Seatlte, Wash to apply for their CCW in morning, toured city a little on my own, then flew out that afternoon into Vegas all in one Friday afternoon.

Idaho, applied by mail but must pick up in person; flew into Boise, ID day one, picked up in a matter of 1/2 hour since there were people in line before me, drove 4 hours into Oregon, stayed the night, next day applied for CCW in Oregon, drove back to Boise, ID 4 hours, spent the night Boise, flew out next morning (all in 3 days total)

Minnesota, 3 days, flew in, took class next day, 3rd day applied morning of, flew out that afternoon

Texas: same as MN, 3 days with class second day, applied 3rd day, flew out that afternoon

Nevada: drove there from Los Angeles with pistols, took class 2nd day, applied 3rd day morning of, drove back home

The MN one I did last because after all of those trips I could not stomach so much traveling and waking up 4am-5am to catch 7am flight to middwest, very grueling; I was thinking not even doing it after all of the previous flights, but I waited 6 months and recovered from the traveling and did it.

I researched all of the non resident CCW's that were "obtainable" and the 13 above are pretty much it. Anyone else know of any others I can get (making up for my inability to get a CA one though none of them work in CA, just feel better knowing I can get them). I know other states such as Pennsyvania has non resident CCW as does MA, but there are restrcitions such as PA you need a home state CCW -- do not have a CA one -- before applying for PA. Something is wring here I can apply, pass background checks for 13 states' CCW EXCEPT my own Home state!)
    Last edited by monorex; 12-05-2012 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Added more detail on Idaho which I stated can be applied by mail but pick up in person

I have Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire. I've had the training for the Utah license, but I haven't sent the paperwork in yet.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

i just have one in my home state but it reciprocates with several other states so i can drive up to michigan carrying all the way when i do go back up there
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I have Oregon and Utah, and my Arizona app is in the mail. I thought about Florida instead of Utah, but Utah was cheaper and easier, and gives me just about everything that Florida would, except Florida.

Monorex, why so many? Arizona, Florida, and Oregon would have covered just about everything (maybe everything - I'm going by memory...) that you've got now. Also, when did you get your Arizona permit? They're saying 75 days on their website now.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

I have my Ohio CHL and working on getting my Arizonia CCW.

Re: How many CCW permits do you all have?

Just my home state of Indiana. I had one from New Hampshire once upon a time, but when the fee for nonresident permits was raised to $100, I didn't bother to renew.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Texas, Az, NV not sure why just do.

Enough to cover me in most of the US without being redundant. It's that frugal thing.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by monorex View Post
    I am from California (Yes I know I need to move out of state)

I have 13 CCW (I don't dare to even apply for one in CA since I'd probably get declined):

UTAH; VIRGINIA; FLORIDA; NEW HAMPSHIRE; ARIZONA; CONNECTICUT; NEVADA; MAINE; WASHINGTON STATE; TEXAS; IDAHO; OREGON; MINNESOTA

100% APPLIED BY MAIL:

Utah, Virginia (laminated license looks cheap but live signature of the State police chief), Florida, New Hampshire, Arizona (took under a week to get CCW), Connecticut (took 3 months+ to get CCW), Maine

IN PERSON/IN STATE REQUIREMENTS:

Nevada (training class and applied in person at Metro LV police stattion); effective July 1, 2011 no need to qualify with each semi pistol to have it listed on permit, just qualify with one and any semi can be carried, same with revolvers, qualify with one and you can carry any revolver

Texas (in State live fingerprinting and training class)

Minnesota (in State training and appled in person)

Idaho (in State applicationin person)

Oregon (in State application in person); non residents can get only if your home state borders (touches) Oregon such as Washington state, CA, NV, ID, the rest of the country cannot get a OR non resident permit

Washington State (in State application in person)

Details:

In about 1 year I got 13 CCW's. The "in State" ones I flew there to complete the requirements which were either training and/or apply in person.
    All out of state trips were 3 days or less, flew in one day, next day took class, 3rd day applied in person, flew back home

Washington: was meeting friends in Las Vegas for the weekend so I flew to Seatlte, Wash to apply for their CCW in morning, toured city a little on my own, then flew out that afternoon into Vegas all in one Friday afternoon.

Idaho, flew into Boise, ID day one, applied that afternoon, drove 4 hours into Oregon, stayed the night, next day applied for CCW in Oregon, drove back to Boise, ID 4 hours, spent the night Boise, flew out next morning (all in 3 days total)

Minnesota, 3 days, flew in, took class next day, 3rd day applied morning of, flew out that afternoon

Texas: same as MN, 3 days with class second day, applied 3rd day, flew out that afternoon

Nevada: drove there from Los Angeles with pistols, took class 2nd day, applied 3rd day morning of, drove back home

The MN one I did last because after all of those trips I could not stomach so much traveling and waking up 4am-5am to catch 7am flight to middwest, very grueling; I was thinking not even doing it after all of the previous flights, but I waited 6 months and recovered from the traveling and did it.

I researched all of the non resident CCW's that were "obtainable" and the 13 above are pretty much it. Anyone else know of any others I can get (making up for my inability to get a CA one though none of them work in CA, just feel better knowing I can get them). I know other states such as Pennsyvania has non resident CCW as does MA, but there are restrcitions such as PA you need a home state CCW -- do not have a CA one -- before applying for PA. Something is wring here I can apply, pass background checks for 13 states' CCW EXCEPT my own Home state!)
    Wow! Just Wow! Are you a collector or CCW permits? I am impressed by how many you managed to get your hands on. And I agree it's a shame about CA's stance on the subject.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

I only have one California but need to get Oregon
    never leave your cave ... without your club Mark Walters

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast