Where Do You Carry Your CCL(s)?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Carry Your CCL(s)?

Where Do You Carry Your CCL(s)?

For some time now, I've been carrying my CCL in the same wallet as my Driver's License, Credit Cards, etc....I've begun to doubt the wisdom of doing so. Primarily because I find myself thinking that offering my wallet (sans CCL) might provide the diversion necessary to successfully draw my weapon while the BG is preoccupied with it....however, if the first thing the perp saw was my CCL then he knows I'm armed!

What are your thoughts...where do you carry yours?

PS: I understand this may require additional efforts when presenting to an LEO....he/she may not take kindly to reaching for a second identification without proper notification.
    Peace through Superior Firepower

i keep mine in my wallet... in the back so its accessible but not viable with out going through is...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

where do you carry your permit?

I carry my permit on my pants in a Timbuk2 ID Money clip.
    I have it clipped on inside the waistband and under the belt. It is not noticeable and very comfortable (although I must admit that I haven't tried it in the summer yet).

Note: the shape and tensile strength of the clip grasp the seam of the waistline of your pants to prevent it from coming off on its own, but it is easy enough to grasp the top (about a half inch of nylon sits above the pants fabric) and lift it out when you need to present it.

It is clipped to my pants on the weak side at about the 9-10 o'clock position, and while I know some people say having it on your belt may may LEO's nervous, I figure the following:
    1) for a traffic stop, it is quick to retrieve and produce for the LEO if I am readying my ID and permit before they get to my car
    2) for an in person request for ID, I plan to tell them where it is and ask if I can retrieve it myself OR if they do not want me reaching for my beltline I have no problem with raising my arms and having them lift it out.

I don't always carry my bag/backpack (I hate purses, so usually have a messenger bag or backpack with me), and I almost forgot to grab my ID's a couple of times so this is a sure-fire way to always have the permit ON ME.

Thumbs down Not another CCW Badge thread.

Quote Originally Posted by astevens1956 View Post
    For some time now, I've been carrying my CCW Badge in the same wallet as my Driver's License, Credit Cards, etc....I've begun to doubt the wisdom of doing so.
    If you realy insist you can get one of those neck loop badge holders for your CCW Badge.

Blog Entries
    Mine sits behind my DL, that way if I retrieve my license for a LEO they can see my CCW (if neccessarry)
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

7. Quote Originally Posted by Danieljoe1 View Post
    Mine sits behind my DL, that way if I retrieve my license for a LEO they can see my CCW (if neccessarry)
    +1 Under DL, I can pull them out together but doesn't show when I open wallet. Concealed is concealed.

Interesting point on the location. Mine's in my wallet, behind the driver's license.

Mine's in my wallet, behind the driver's license.
    That is also where mine can be found.

I say throw your wallet up in the air at the perp, while hes scrambling to keep his eyes on the wallet/catch your wallet you will already have 3 bullets in his chest, that is if your life is in immediate danger. After that pick your wallet up and you have your permit back.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    That is also where mine can be found.
    +1 Mine too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast