can I gat a chl with three charges but no convitions

Thread: can I gat a chl with three charges but no convitions

Exclamation can I gat a chl with three charges but no convitions

I was wondering if you have recently been charged with two class A misdemeanors and one 3rd degree felony but al charges were dismissed with out paying any fines or having the charges deferred, just plain dropped. can you still get a CHL???(sorry for the miss spelling in the topic.)
    Last edited by krazyk; 11-02-2010 at 11:30 PM. Reason: spelling
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

I see you are in Texas, you will have to check with the local laws there. The real quesiton, can you currently buy a gun and are you legal to own one? You may be under disability even though you weren't convicted. That needs to get fixed first. Did you have a lawyer and was/is he any good? I would confer with him and have him ask the judge about it. If all charges are dropped, you have no charges pending and you can pass a background check, you should be good to go. But as I said, check your local laws.

go for it!
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

JSDinTexas Guest
    Charges were dropped, therefore no convictions and no problem.
    But since you say these were recent, you may have to produce a signed and sealed affidavit as to the final decision. This would be produced from the court, or more likely the county clerk where the dismissal took place, and submit that with your application. The final outcome of a Texas court does not always get registered on the TX DPS database especially a dismissal, and even if it does, may take a longer time than you want to wait before you apply.

In assachusetts, you can run a red light and not pay a parking ticket, and the police chief in your town can deem you an undesirable person with lack of respect for the law and deny you. HE has the last word.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    In assachusetts, you can run a red light and not pay a parking ticket, and the police chief in your town can deem you an undesirable person with lack of respect for the law and deny you. HE has the last word.
    That's why it is important for states like AL, CT, DE, and MA to transition from "may-issue" to "shall-issue".

If you resided in New York State.... No, You would be denied based on, Not of Good Moral Character But, Texas who knows good luck
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

In SC you have to list any Ticket sense last renewal.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That's why it is important for states like AL, CT, DE, and MA to transition from "may-issue" to "shall-issue".
    Seconded!