Carrying a "collector piece"?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carrying a "collector piece"?

Carrying a "collector piece"?

Q: GunBroker.com has an NRA Camp Perry Limited Edition 1911 to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the National Matches for no more than one would spend on a nice 1911 target from Springfield Armory. Would you carry it as your CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    Q: GunBroker.com has an NRA Camp Perry Limited Edition 1911 to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the National Matches for no more than one would spend on a nice 1911 target from Springfield Armory. Would you carry it as your CCW?
    No, I'd carry a Glock instead.

Okay, same question. GunBroker.com has a 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Glock 17 for about the same price as a new non-commemorative Glock 17. Would you carry it, subject it to holster rub, and shoot it regularly, or would it become your "safe queen"?

Okay, same question. GunBroker.com has a 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Glock 17 for about the same price as a new non-commemorative Glock 17. Would you carry it, subject it to holster rub, and shoot it regularly, or would it become your "safe queen"?
    No, I don't carry ANY 9mm handguns.

Why must you be difficult? Caliber matters not in this discussion. Pretend it's a G30 if you must, but at this point, I don't know if I'd value your opine in any case.

If I liked the action and caliber I would carry it. I am not a fan of safe queens

mite be the same price now but someday it could be worth some money... but for me, if i buy it, i'm using it... old muscle car, clasic gun, or whatever... i bought it to use it...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

What if you had to use it?

It ends up in the police evidence locker.

Eventually, it ends up in some police officer's personal collection.

"Weapons should be hearty, not decorative.." -Miyamoto Musashi.

-Doc

Why must you be difficult?
    I've answered your questions twice and you accuse me of being difficult?!?
    Caliber matters not in this discussion.
    You are asking about a carry piece, of course caliber matters in this discusion. Would you carry a .25ACP? I wouldn't, no matter how "special" I thought it was.
    Pretend it's a G30 if you must,
    Wouldn't carry one of those either. After studying the subject a great deal I have settled on the 40S&W for my carry needs. Now if you were to say, if you got one of the early G35's that didn't have the frame rails, would you carry it? I'd say sure, why not?
    but at this point, I don't know if I'd value your opine in any case.
    Then why ask?

G50AE,

After studying the subject a great deal I have settled on the 40S&W for my carry needs. Now if you were to say, if you got one of the early G35's that didn't have the frame rails, would you carry it? I'd say sure, why not?
    For the sake of discussion, why would you carry a G35? This is concealed carry we're talking about, right? I saw a guy shooting one in competition last month, and he commented that his second shot times were slower than when he was shooting a G23. Long slide, long travel time = slower overall times even if it is a very small difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast