Pa and Ohio non-reciprocity - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pa and Ohio non-reciprocity

Delaware doesn't recognize PA either. Since u guys brought it up the bordering states to PA are NJ, DE, MD, OH, & WV.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo900 View Post
    Delaware doesn't recognize PA either. Since u guys brought it up the bordering states to PA are NJ, DE, MD, OH, & WV.
    NJ, DE, MD, OH, WV & NY....of those 6 states...only WV recognizes PA.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    NJ, DE, MD, OH, WV & NY....of those 6 states...only WV recognizes PA.
    Which is why I always go south through WV when I travel. If I can't get there with a gun in my belt, I can't get there at all
    Slow is Steady
    Steady is Fast

Except for a few miles of Maryland, Interstate 81 North is the gun-friendliest way to get to Pennsylvania!
    My brother got stopped on the Delaware/Pennsylvania border last year and fortunately was not carrying at that time.

6. PA & OH reciprocity

Quote Originally Posted by marks146 View Post
    Wonder why Pa and Ohio don't honor each others CC permits? Pa honors all states that Ohio honors. Ohio honors all that Pa honors. Yet they don't honor each other.

Strange.. .
    PA's training requirements are sufficiently different that they're not "substantially similar" to Ohio's.

It's a pain having to put my gun away on the short drive through PA when I'm going from OH to my son's home in WV.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    It amazes me the New York and New Jersey can thoroughly screw up an area of law that near by Vermont gets right.
    more amazing is the fact Vermont has so many Liberals they haven't changed yet.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromSidney View Post
    PA's training requirements are sufficiently different that they're not "substantially similar" to Ohio's.

It's a pain having to put my gun away on the short drive through PA when I'm going from OH to my son's home in WV.
    You have an OH license? Then you don't need to "put it away" as long as it stays in the car if you get out:

18 PA CS 6106

18 Pa.C.S. 6106: Firearms not to be carried without a license

(a) Offense defined.--
    (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree.
    (2) A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a [FN1] valid license under this chapter but carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed any other criminal violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree.
    (b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

ETA: In another thread, you said you have your FL permit...that's good in PA....

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromSidney View Post

spend the $26 bucks in Centre County and your covered.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12