what should i do please help - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what should i do please help

LEOs deal with people across the spectrum...

From people who are the most polite and submissive during the interaction, to people who could be best described as openly hostile. Each and every one of them represents a threat to the safety and well being of the officer and the rest of the general public. I know many and the one running theme with all of them is: "I will be going home to my wife, kids, etc...today/tonight"... Along those lines... R E S P E C T... Give it and receive it...

Read the above post by Snowman1911... To you Snowman, Warm and fuzzy hugs (Well, OK just kudos, but I think ya know what I mean). Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I have also had a bad experience

I was on my way to a nearby town known for an infestation of wanna be gang bangers from Chicago. I have a permit to carry and was legally doing so, in a concealment rig. Apparently one of the bolts on my front license plate came loose and an Iowa State Trooper pulled me over. When she came up to the car I had my license, proof of insurance and my permit to carry in my hand ready to go. In Iowa it is not required to let the officer know, but I don't like surprises if I am asked to get out, she sees it and freaks out I am best served for her to know in advance. She asked if I had a gun on me to which I replied "Yes". She immediately put her hand on her gun backed away and asked me to exit the vehicle, which I did, hands out in front of me to put her at ease. she then told me to take the gun out, make it safe and put my hands on the hood of the car. Keep in mind up to this point I wasn't in violation of any laws, and cooperating fully, going further actually than the law required to show honesty up front. She took the pistol away and was going to throw it onto the roof of my car, which of course got a reaction from me.

1. I don't want her to scratch the hell out of the roof of my car by throwing a compact 1911 on it...and
    2. I dont want her to scratch the hell out of my gun...I am picky like that
    I asked her to please place the gun in the seat, not on the roof or hood and she complied, surprisingly...
    I also asked her if it was okay if I leaned back on the fender, keeping my hands in view and not "assume the position" as I didn't want people driving by to assume I was a criminal...especially since I knew a lot of people who traveled that particular highway daily. I also had recently had back surgery and was wearing a brace that made it incredibly painful to stand like that. She insisted that I "assume the position" and wait for her backup to arrive. I was a little pissed by the time a deputy sheriff showed to say the least. The deputy wasn't happy about the way i was treated either and told her as such. Some officers, whether they be male or female just aren't comfortable with a CCW holder. I was cooperative and respectful, even after getting annoyed, and was allowed to go on my way after everything came back clean. I have had similar situations since, with no negative reaction from the officer regardless of gender.

I dont like cops either. Some are good, some are not. I know there are good cops out there I just havent met them yet. Thats why I dont dial 911. I dial 1911..

Quote Originally Posted by gundoc_iowa View Post
    I was on my way to a nearby town known for an infestation of wanna be gang bangers from Chicago. I have a permit to carry and was legally doing so, in a concealment rig. Apparently one of the bolts on my front license plate came loose and an Iowa State Trooper pulled me over. When she came up to the car I had my license, proof of insurance and my permit to carry in my hand ready to go. In Iowa it is not required to let the officer know, but I don't like surprises if I am asked to get out, she sees it and freaks out I am best served for her to know in advance. She asked if I had a gun on me to which I replied "Yes". She immediately put her hand on her gun backed away and asked me to exit the vehicle, which I did, hands out in front of me to put her at ease. she then told me to take the gun out, make it safe and put my hands on the hood of the car. Keep in mind up to this point I wasn't in violation of any laws, and cooperating fully, going further actually than the law required to show honesty up front. She took the pistol away and was going to throw it onto the roof of my car, which of course got a reaction from me.

1. I don't want her to scratch the hell out of the roof of my car by throwing a compact 1911 on it...and
    2. I dont want her to scratch the hell out of my gun...I am picky like that
    I asked her to please place the gun in the seat, not on the roof or hood and she complied, surprisingly...
    I also asked her if it was okay if I leaned back on the fender, keeping my hands in view and not "assume the position" as I didn't want people driving by to assume I was a criminal...especially since I knew a lot of people who traveled that particular highway daily. I also had recently had back surgery and was wearing a brace that made it incredibly painful to stand like that. She insisted that I "assume the position" and wait for her backup to arrive. I was a little pissed by the time a deputy sheriff showed to say the least. The deputy wasn't happy about the way i was treated either and told her as such. Some officers, whether they be male or female just aren't comfortable with a CCW holder. I was cooperative and respectful, even after getting annoyed, and was allowed to go on my way after everything came back clean. I have had similar situations since, with no negative reaction from the officer regardless of gender.
    Wow, talk about breaking the law...well, at least here in SC. You have no obligation to inform if you are carrying (but do have to show CWP) and no obligation to be disarmed unless there is reasonable suspicion (Terry Stop).

Of course I would likely submit to "assuming the position" to avoid escalation and a bad situation, but I'd raise an army of hell with her supervisor and demand at the very least written apology for a violation of my constitutional and plain civil rights. I would make sure they educated their officers that it is unlawful to disarm someone "because they were legally carrying".

6. Hi don t care bout ya spelling cause i not a good speller myself. I wonder were you live to have those problems with people. Fist mistake is leaving a firearm in car locked or not. In mass gun course i took that is a big no no. you are responsable for your gun. when it is not locked up with amo lucked up separate. you must be incontrol of it at all times. and they went over leaving in you car(forexapmal) whill went in post office. if some one stole it and used in crime you could be in big trouble including sued in cival court but family member of person hurt from your gun. and if ever pulled gun and threatend some one . you can expect to be face down in dirt when cops show up . ask questions later after searched and cuffed you. why for there safty thats just way is . so??? maybe you need to think little more whencarrying and be more carefull. it is big responability

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123