what should i do please help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what should i do please help

1. Angry what should i do please help

Ok im going to tell the whole story kinda of long it all started when i purchased a 9mm for my with for a present she got her ccw when i pulled up in are drive way to inform her i wanted to go to the shooting range some one in that short period of time broke in to car and stole the firearm i immediatly called the police a male officer and a female officer came in my house the male was ok i told him i was a ccw holder and he said ok the female got a attitude and ordered me to take my hands out my pockets in a nasty tone take in mind i was setting in my house on my couch with my wife and two children so what kind of threat was i ok then today i had a altercation where someone forced there self in my house i block them in with my car and called the police as the person aproached me and threaten me i drew my fire arm and told him that if he took one more step that i would have to use deadly force then the police pull up i put my fire arm down and proceded outside to address the officers the first two officer ask who called and i told them it was me that i owned the house and i had to pulled my gun on the trespasser i told him that i was a ccw carrier and all he ask me did i have the gun on me i said no and he went to ask the trespasser questions to why he was on my property i have it posted no trespassing by the way he told me to go ahead and move my car so i did as i proceded to go back to the house the same female officer that i had problems with the firstr time pulls up i had filed a complaint the first time didnt here nothen this time she tells me to turn around while she searches me and threatens to take me to jail if i didnt comply and had the SAME NASTY ASS ATTITUDE WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS CAN YALL HELP ME FELLOW CCW HOLDER

Well, first of all reading your post gave me a headache because your spelling sucks LOL but I figured it was because you are all worked up over the whole situation so no biggie. I don't know how the law works where you are at but here in Florida doesn't matter if you have a CCW or not if you are inside you home you can carry all you want and the cops can't do anything about (as long as you aren't a convicted felon). You should talk to that female officer's Lt. or Captain and do a complaint with them directly. She shouldn't have a badge if she is going to act like that towards people that haven't done anything wrong. When she searched you was it inside your house? Did the guy that was in your property go to jail?

Like I said you really need to go after that female officer because dumn officers like that is what gives every other officer a bad name. I was never a big fan of female cops but don't get me wrong, there are some really good ones out there but they are rear.

It's no secret I'm no fan of cops. But I have to say, more times, they are shot going into a domestic violence situation is somebody's home. I'd be a bit uncomfortable with you sitting there with your hands in your pockets myself. If you already filed a complaint against her you can't expect her to be friendly. This is a perfect example of why I never call cops.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by freddie07 View Post
    Well, first of all reading your post gave me a headache because your spelling sucks LOL but I figured it was because you are all worked up over the whole situation so no biggie.
    Actually it is not so much the spelling, but the lack of capitalization and punctuation. I can't tell where one sentence ends and another begins.

lets get ready to rumble!!!!
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Montgomery View Post
    Ok im going to tell the whole story kinda of long it all started when i purchased a 9mm for my with for a present she got her ccw when i pulled up in are drive way to inform her i wanted to go to the shooting range some one in that short period of time broke in to car and stole the firearm i immediatly called the police a male officer and a female officer came in my house the male was ok i told him i was a ccw holder and he said ok the female got a attitude and ordered me to take my hands out my pockets in a nasty tone take in mind i was setting in my house on my couch with my wife and two children so what kind of threat was i ok then today i had a altercation where someone forced there self in my house i block them in with my car and called the police as the person aproached me and threaten me i drew my fire arm and told him that if he took one more step that i would have to use deadly force then the police pull up i put my fire arm down and proceded outside to address the officers the first two officer ask who called and i told them it was me that i owned the house and i had to pulled my gun on the trespasser i told him that i was a ccw carrier and all he ask me did i have the gun on me i said no and he went to ask the trespasser questions to why he was on my property i have it posted no trespassing by the way he told me to go ahead and move my car so i did as i proceded to go back to the house the same female officer that i had problems with the firstr time pulls up i had filed a complaint the first time didnt here nothen this time she tells me to turn around while she searches me and threatens to take me to jail if i didnt comply and had the SAME NASTY ASS ATTITUDE WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS CAN YALL HELP ME FELLOW CCW HOLDER
    1.) Put yourself in the officers shoes. Tell me you have a gun and I'll want to see your hands.

2.) She show up at scene and sees you, knows you carry, you get searched.

3.) If he forced his way into your house, why were you outside moving your car to block him in?

I don't think you are telling the whole story!!

I think all that is wrong is her attitude and all you can do is file a complaint.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

8. Why are all these first and second postings so eventful? I have never had an issue with an officer. If you treat him/her with respect you will probably receive respect back.

hey those cops dont know you from adam, I say STFU and do what they say, dont be stupid, your just causing problems for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Why are all these first and second postings so eventful? I have never had an issue with an officer. If you treat him/her with respect you will probably receive respect back.
    Wow....breath of fresh air. Nice to see someone who isn't bashing officers. Well, you know we ALL take a class in the academy that teaches us how to mistreat people and stomp on civil rights. Didn't y'all know that?

Seriously though. The poster's commentary on the event is, at it's very best, nearly unintelligible. There is ZERO punctuation, not even a period. The whole collection of what SHOULD BE paragraphs and dialogue runs on as a single badly constructed sentence. So, I am going to go out on a short, thick limb here and make the assumption that, based upon what we have tried to decipher here in written prose, the poster wasn't communicating effectively with the officers on scene.

Effective verbal and written communication is a MUST. Police officers are NOT gods, nor do we know everything in advance, or do we even know that you are the GOOD GUY. We have to, for the sake of coming home alive, assume that the subject MAY try to hurt us or someone else.

We need compliance RIGHT NOW.
    Why?
    To assure the safety of EVERYONE involved. We need to have those precious moments to be able to sort out the situation, separate the wheat from the chaff, and use our finely tuned BS detectors to get to the bottom of a given situation. Period. If you calm down, stop yelling, and give us a second...things will go MUCH easier for everyone, and the chances of the wrong person getting a charge is GREATLY minimized.

Be respectful.
    Why?
    Common sense. Your Momma SHOULD have taught you to treat others with respect. Mine did, and I always treat others with respect and continue to do so until THEY choose to act in a manner consistent with being a jerk, then I will change my tone, attitude, and oh by the way also the way I see you and it WILL affect whether or not I believe your version of the event in question. How can I believe YOU are Joe innocent when you are giving me attitude, cussing, and showing your butt?

Be calm. Breathe.
    Why?
    We WILL, and I promise this, get to you and your side of the story. If an officer tells you to go sit down, he is really saying..."I need a moment to talk with X, please give me that moment so I can deal with this, and I will get to you...also I am giving you a chance to KEEP OUT OF TROUBLE by complying with my request."

MOST cops are human. Females cops are too. Female cops are in a doubly difficult postion when dealing with some subjects who are claerly physically more powerful. A 5'5" 130lb woman is NEVER as physically "present" as a 6'4" 260lb male officer like myself. They tend to over compensate. HOWEVER, if you do what they ask the first time, you will very probably not see the little witch jump out all over you. Realize this...WOMEN EMPATHIZE with victims better than most male officers. They can and usually will be your BEST ALLY in a situation like this. Treat them respectfully, and they WILL come around.

I did the job for 22 years. In all that time, I never started my tour with the thought of going out and violating civil rights and abusing my authority. I did a tough job and did it well. I went to the "ASK - Tell -Make" school of police work. I will ask you, then I will tell you, then I will MAKE you comply. Period. I always gave someone a more than fair chance in any situation as "sorta" described above.

Hope this helps. Re-write your acocunt of what happened in a CLEAR manner, and then an opinion can be rendered in a more informed manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman1911 View Post
    So, I am going to go out on a short, thick limb here and make the assumption that, based upon what we have tried to decipher here in written prose, the poster wasn't communicating effectively with the officers on scene.
    Good call. This is the part I don't like:
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Montgomery View Post
    ...when i pulled up in are drive way to inform her i wanted to go to the shooting range some one in that short period of time broke in to car and stole the firearm
    Why are we storing weapons in the car? Where was it parked when this ocurred? Who else knew about the gun? Probably a few more as the investigation progresses....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast