CC in South Dakota! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC in South Dakota!

Quote Originally Posted by Brunay View Post
    according to Handgunlaw.us, places off-limits are:

* any licensed on-sale malt beverage or alcoholic beverage establishment that derives over one-half of its total income from the sale of malt or alcoholic beverages.
    Slightly off-topic, but just how is the average Joe supposed to determine what percentage of income an establichment derives from alcohol sales?!?

3. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but just how is the average Joe supposed to determine what percentage of income an establichment derives from alcohol sales?!?
    Good question. NE has similar wording. Guess you could ask them, but I'm not gonna. If I have doubts, I just don't go there.

For some establishments, it's easy. Are they a restaurant that serves alcohol (probably okay) or a bar that serves food (probably not okay)?

JSDinTexas Guest

Easy in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    In Texas they make it easy by posting an official sign. You can not be armed in an establishment that has one - and if there is a partition between the bar where the sign is and the restaurant, you can be armed in the restaurant part.
    Attached Images Attached Images CC in South Dakota!-51-sign.bmp 

Those are not metal detectors at Walmart. They are anti theft detectors. What they react to is that little white magnetically encoded strip placed in or on the more expensive or easily pilferable items. I have walked through them numerous times while carrying and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    In Texas they make it easy by posting an official sign. You can not be armed in an establishment that has one - and if there is a partition between the bar where the sign is and the restaurant, you can be armed in the restaurant part.
    That makes it easy in Texas, but do they do the same in South Dakota?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That makes it easy in Texas, but do they do the same in South Dakota?
    Not that i know of!! good question though!

Just use a little common sense in South Dakota. Bars =no Restaraunt that serves booze = yes. But to be safe do not enter the actual bar area of the restaraunt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
    Just use a little common sense in South Dakota. Bars =no Restaraunt that serves booze = yes. But to be safe do not enter the actual bar area of the restaraunt.
    Hey i sent ya a PM a few days ago, did you get it?

Walked right through the doors at the east side Wally World while carrying a Beretta 92FS with a full 15 round mag today and NOTHING happened. Must not be metal detectors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12