Forgetting to take your weapon off - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Forgetting to take your weapon off

Why can't we simply abide by the CCW Laws of our particular State and forget all of this arguing over whether or not your legal or not to enter an establishment. Each State has clearly specified where you can/cannot carry, Sheesh!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

I understand restrictions on carrying in federal buildings, schools and the like. But it strikes me as a an infringement on civil liberties to restrict ccw in private businesses. What happens if you get caught carrying in those places? Are you just asked to leave and/or are the police called? I'm not advocating breaking any laws, I just want to understand what are the boundaries on the rules against ccw in private businesses.

4. Forgetting to remove your weapon

Quote Originally Posted by charliej47 View Post
    If I'm up, I'm armed. I find sometimes that I will get right up to the door of a clearly posted location and realize that I have to go back to my car and store my weapon.

IF I'm occupied about something or am busy I have been known to walk right into a building before I remember I have to remove my weapon.

I had a doctor's appointment last Monday and I was running late. I signed in and at that point I remembered that I had not disarmed. I had to go back out to my car and store my weapon. I have not been to this doctor in over a year because of this requirement. As this doctor is the only one close and everyone else could not see me for at least two weeks is why I went to him.

It is getting to the point that if I see one of the gun buster signs that I will just turn away and go somewhere else.
    I have done that and the worst is parking in a parking lot and missing the no concealed weapon sign mounted High on one of the parking lot light towers,

5. Getting caught lol

Quote Originally Posted by Compadre View Post
    I understand restrictions on carrying in federal buildings, schools and the like. But it strikes me as a an infringement on civil liberties to restrict ccw in private businesses. What happens if you get caught carrying in those places? Are you just asked to leave and/or are the police called? I'm not advocating breaking any laws, I just want to understand what are the boundaries on the rules against ccw in private businesses.
    In S.C. it carries a stiff fine and possibility of losing the right to carry so here it is not a little thing to get caught, if carrying in the Post Office or other business i take my coat or cover shirt off to let my holster be seen that it is empty.

You have it exactly... Backwards.

The constitution, and in this case the Second Amendment, tells us what the government can and cannot do. By not allowing us to (lawfully) carry in government buildings, our civil liberties are being infringed. The answer to your question is in your post twice. It is the word private.

You have no right to enter someone's private property. It is after all private. Therefore, if you wish to enter their private property, you do so with the understanding that you follow their rules. And if you choose not to abide by those rules, either don't enter said poperty or be willing to pay the consequences if you do.

It's really a pretty simple concept really.

Happens to me, too!

Yep, the same thing happens to me, too... especially at church. I don't visit places with the "no guns" sign a 2nd time...

Does anyone know of a list of businesses that do not allow legal firearm carry? Hopefully more of us can boycott shopping at those locations and cause them to reconsider their policies.

Does anyone know of a list of businesses that do not allow legal firearm carry? Hopefully more of us can boycott shopping at those locations and cause them to reconsider their policies.
    Friend or Foe - TheSecond.us

Can I Carry There

Thanks for the links.

11. Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Really? Can you cite a public law that states I have to allow anyone to do anything on my private property?
    HP../ corked and porked can't. he is just a bed wetting Liberal spineless Liberal as he may be that will try to antagonize. He is simply a non entity. Screw him.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast