Forgetting to take your weapon off - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Forgetting to take your weapon off

1. Don't fret any BMT, that's just iceman...I mean G5 saying hello and welcoming you here!!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

3. I was sitting in the waiting room of the Social Security office for about and hour. I stood up and asked the guard for directions to the men's room. When I came back and proceeded to my seat I was asked "what is that on your hip". I told the guard it was my Leatherman Tool. I was told that I had to go outside and remove it because weapons were not allowed.

There was a visible sign at the entrance that I read before entering the office with a large image of a gun and a blurb about weapons. I never even considered that my Leatherman Tool was a weapon. I wonder if I would have been give the same opportunity if it had been a gun. Of course this was a government building with no metal detectors, etc. I did not have a CHP at the time.

My rights seem more restricted now than before I had my CHP. Ignorance is bliss.

Happened to me when I was going to pick my kid up from school. Got all the way to the school, then had to go all the way back home and remove my gun, then back to school.

5. I seldom notice "no guns" signs around here.

I notice metal detectors. They are bigger than signs.

I guess my vision must be deteriorating with age...
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    OHIO has some of the most strict CCW laws in the country, we learn that if you abide by the laws here......more times than not you are compliant anywhere else. I hope our laws here will relax in time, why can't law makers realize that we have gone through the proper channels which allow us to carry? I tend to not do business with anybody having the no firearms sign "OHIO is loaded with these signs", and will speak my mind concerning that we are the patrons you should want doing business there.
    That we do ... but the penalties are not very severe unless you're in one of the explicitly enumerated CPZs. Criminal Trespass (what you could be charged with for carrying in a posted business) is an M4 punishable by not more than thirty days in jail (unlikely IMO) and not more than $250. This is not grounds for revocation or denial of a license to carry a concealed handgun in the State of Ohio.

I also try my best to avoid the CPZs but due to the nature of my job I am not able to do so. I simply do the best that I can to follow the law and protect my life and that of my family. Sometimes you can't do both and have to chose.

Lawriter - ORC - 2911.21 Criminal trespass. (criminal trespass)
    Lawriter - ORC - 2923.126 Duties of licensed individual. (duties of licensed individuals)
    Lawriter - ORC - Chapter 2929: PENALTIES AND SENTENCING (22, 24, 28 - misdemeanor sentencing)

Disclaimer - I am not a lawyer and do not guarantee the accuracy of any above statements or the linked sections of the Ohio Revised Code.

I was vacationing in the East Stroudsburg area of Pennsylvania and was planning a day trip to NYC, so I THOROUGHLY checked my truck, top to bottom for any loose ammo and especially mags (high cap.), everything free and clear So I am heading towards the border and checked my side, OH -oh!! Forgort to take my glock off my waist, holy crap!! I litterally slammed on the brakes and was lucky enough to catch the last exit before seeing the ultimate gun banning sign you could ever see "WELCOME TO NEW JERSEY"

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    I find the whole sign concept a bit strange...I also find people who do what signs say to a T even stranger. If you are not a criminal and not planning to use your weapon to harm other people, I say go ahead and carry...Unless it's a courthouse and a metal detector is in use off course...
    Otherwise, why worry. As long as your weapon is properly concealed you should be ok. Just imagine a country where EVERY place you entered had an anti-gun sign and one would decide to abide by the law...Kind of defeats the whole CCW idea? Huh?
    I've had 2 LEO's say "The BG's don't read the signs, why should you". Initally I found this odd, but they're right. The BG's will always be armed... why shouldn't I?

I have the RESPONSIBILITY to insure my families safety everywhere we go. As long as I'm not doing anything to draw attention to my "deeply concealed" firearm, know one will ever know.
    AL
    Proverbs 25:28 - A man without self control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456