Little known secrets for AZ residents and CCW

Thread: Little known secrets for AZ residents and CCW

Little known secrets for AZ residents and CCW

OK, since we don't have to have a CCW anymore, more and more people are carrying. I am glad,

I was shooting with my buddies Saturday and one of them is a cop, I asked about the signs on buildings that say we cant' carry in their places of business. He has business cards from someplace that says "if you won't let me carry, I'll shop elsewhere" and a picture of a gun with the circle and line through it = a sign with a circle and line around it and a dollar sign.

Further (and this is the point of this thread) when he see's a sign like this, and is carrying, he just ignores it and walks by. I said huh? He said the law says if a business denies entry to a person's gun, they MUST supply a locker for stowage. Most places have a sign but no locker, he said IF someone notices and complains, he simply says, oops, I didn't see your sign, gives them a card and leaves. This is a plan I will be adopting effective now.

(The local DMV, while a federal building has a sign, and lockers. I have seen plenty of signs but no lockers. One sign is on a door to a restaurant I frequent. If asked there I will just say "someone held the door for me, I didn't see your sign or lockers, so I won't be back until you comply with the LAW. and leave.

Don't always trust cops

If this is what your cop friend told you, he is wrong. As the law is written, it says that only PUBLIC establishments need to provide a locker for storage, not a PRIVATE establishment. The lack of a locker does not allow you to carry there, regardless of signage. Therefore, they are in compliance with the law. There is a another reason why he leaves, because it is illegal to be there with a firearm if so prohibited.

I do like the cards though, and I will respect a business's right to not take my money.

Quote Originally Posted by azmatt View Post
    There is a another reason why he leaves, because it is illegal to be there with a firearm if so prohibited.
    Sort of. It is only illegal to remain on the property after the owner/employee has asked you personally to leave. It is NOT illegal to possess the firearm on private property past that sign. It is a trespassing issue, NOT a firearms issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    (The local DMV, while a federal building has a sign, and lockers...
    Just FYI...a DMV is not a federal office. DMV is a state agency.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Just FYI...a DMV is not a federal office. DMV is a state agency.
    and in WA ours are called DOL's, Department of Licensing buildings and firearms are permitted in ours :-). I've gotten my state ID card and vehicle registrations while open carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    OK, since we don't have to have a CCW anymore, more and more people are carrying. I am glad,

I was shooting with my buddies Saturday and one of them is a cop, I asked about the signs on buildings that say we cant' carry in their places of business. He has business cards from someplace that says "if you won't let me carry, I'll shop elsewhere" and a picture of a gun with the circle and line through it = a sign with a circle and line around it and a dollar sign.
    No Guns = No Money

Further (and this is the point of this thread) when he see's a sign like this, and is carrying, he just ignores it and walks by. I said huh? He said the law says if a business denies entry to a person's gun, they MUST supply a locker for stowage. Most places have a sign but no locker, he said IF someone notices and complains, he simply says, oops, I didn't see your sign, gives them a card and leaves. This is a plan I will be adopting effective now.
    If that were the law, why doesn't he...being a cop... raise that issue rather than just leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    No Guns = No Money

If that were the law, why doesn't he...being a cop... raise that issue rather than just leaving?
    THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!! I have been looking all over the web for them. Not sure how you found them so fast, I guess you are quicker than I am. :)

Thanks for the cards. I will do this.