CCW licenses and badges, pictures? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: CCW licenses and badges, pictures?

Soverign State of Poverty Knob near Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    I have been here for about 3 days, and have not seen this, so here goes, if it has been posted before, please provide a link.

Since I live in AZ, I don't need (or carry) a CCW. Last time I owned a CCW was when I lived in Washington (in 2000) and that license was a card that each person was responsible to laminate and carry, it wasn't much more than a piece of paper.

I hear on this site people talking about their licenses and "badges" when they say badges, do they mean an actual badge? SO, to clear it up, I would love to see if people could put pic's of their CCW. Arizona's is boring, looks like an ID card without a picture.

I am going to take the class and get my CCW so I can carry in other states, another great thing is AZ's CCW is honored in most states I go to, except Il and WI, which annoys me, as I am going there next summer for a month.

So, is it a card, an endorsement for your drivers license, a badge?

In Missouri, you have the option of a Drivers License Endorsement prominently displayed on the front of the license above your picture, or a separate I.D. card for the CCW. The downside to having your CCW posted on the DL is that states like Illinois and Wisconsin, during a traffic stop, see the CCW, and they think that is probable cause to search you, and cause all kinds of grief. In Tennessee, a Hangun Permit card is issued separate from your DL. In states where you do transit, if stopped by LEO, you simply present your DL and Hangun permit card to the officer informing him that you are carrying. In Illinois and Wisconsin, lock your piece in the trunk in a lockbox, and your ammunition somewhere that the piece is not located, and don't even mention CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    There needs to be a sticky or something on these badges.
    Badges are an important subject.
    We don't need no stinkin badges.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I have no problem with people wanting to get information about a said item. My problem comes when one out of every ten new forum member starts a thread on the topic. When a simple search"USEING THE SEARCH BAR" would turn up all the threads this forum already has on this topic(some being more then 15 pages long and counting). I have been on some forums where failure to use the search bar would get you a warning(and if you posted a thread that had already been started it was deleted).
    True. They should. But they won't. We will see these "stinkin' badges" posts forever.

I think it says something about that in the forum rules, does it not?
    It's been awhile since I have read them.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

I want one, only so I can go to the range, tape it up on a target, and put a couple of holes in it before I carry it around.

This site could make a lot of money selling Badges to some of these Turkeys and there's three or four people that should get Honorary Badges.

I believe there's a surplus store in Mesa, Az. where you can buy a CCW badge. If ya buy your green beret, your Marine T-shirt, and your Navy Seal knife at the same time, I'd bet you'll get a discount.

(I DO like the idea of the CCW badge with a bullet hole in it. LOL)

I would be hard to prove you weren't impersonating a Cop if someone accused you of it. A Badge of any kind is a bad idea. You never want your CWP on your Drivers License. It is easy to get your Drivers Permit Suspended. It would be bad to loose your CWP at the same time. Tractor Trailer Drivers can have their License Suspended because the Company they work for not paying a Weight Ticket.

Thumbs down CCW Badges

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    This site could make a lot of money selling Badges to some of these Turkeys and there's three or four people that should get Honorary Badges.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    NIC Law Enforcement Supply - Stinkin' Badge M161

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast