CCW licenses and badges, pictures? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: CCW licenses and badges, pictures?

JSDinTexas Guest

No, No, No Stiiiiiiiinken Baaaaaadges

There are only 3 people (and you) that know I carry - the fourth will find out the hard way.

Don't count on the AZ permit doing you any good in CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    I have been here for about 3 days, and have not seen this, so here goes, if it has been posted before, please provide a link.

Since I live in AZ, I don't need (or carry) a CCW. Last time I owned a CCW was when I lived in Washington (in 2000) and that license was a card that each person was responsible to laminate and carry, it wasn't much more than a piece of paper.

I hear on this site people talking about their licenses and "badges" when they say badges, do they mean an actual badge? SO, to clear it up, I would love to see if people could put pic's of their CCW. Arizona's is boring, looks like an ID card without a picture.

I am going to take the class and get my CCW so I can carry in other states, another great thing is AZ's CCW is honored in most states I go to, except Il and WI, which annoys me, as I am going there next summer for a month.

So, is it a card, an endorsement for your drivers license, a badge?

This thread is missing several components. So I'll add them. Semi-auto pistol or revolver? 9mm or .45 cal? Merry Christmas.

6. Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Yea, the CCW badge thing has been kicked from one side of the site to the other. It never really seems to get any traction.

It kinda comes off like "playing a cop" to most who carry a firearm for self defense. I will never wear a badge that indicates I'm permitted or licensed to carry a firearm...

In MA when I carry it's concealed and my LTC Class A (License To Carry) is in my wallet. If I have to interact with a police officer at some time in the course of my daily activity I will indicate to him/her that I am carrying a firearm and have a license to do so. I'll ask them how they would like me to proceeded and wait for instructions..
    I have to agree with this post. Whats the point of advertising you carry protection? In Utah you get a card just like your Drivers license. That's good enough for me. I don't want to play cops and robbers. And if I ever get pulled over I'll hand the officer both just so he wont loose his mind.

It's almost a month later. This thread gets rehashed. And we STILL don't need no stinkin badges.

ccw badge

I personally am oposed to the ccw badge. I hear they are big in Tennessee.
    The company making them is probably doing fairly well financially.
    Who are you going to show the badge to??
    If it is the police they do not care they want to see you state permit.
    Being involved in law enforcement for 47 or so years I do not want to get you confused with your ccw badge with a police officer if you happen to be at or near the scene of an emergency.
    In many states it is written into the law that in any law enforcemen encounter you must advise the officer that you are a ccw permit holder and armed. Do you think the officer is going to ask you for your badge or state ccw permit.
    I am also opposed to retired law enforcement officers carrying the HR218 badge. They should carry whatever badge was given to them when they retired along with ID and current firearm certification.

Pat Olvey
    email [email protected] or [email protected]

concealed means concealed. why get a concealed weapon permit and then put on a badge to tell everyone you are carrying? ohio's post is sound and correct. another reason as seen on fox news police have become targets alot more often recently and to be honest i do not want to be a target.

Cool No badge for me!

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    concealed means concealed. why get a concealed weapon permit and then put on a badge to tell everyone you are carrying? ohio's post is sound and correct. another reason as seen on fox news police have become targets alot more often recently and to be honest i do not want to be a target.
    The way police officers have been shot in just the last two days should give pause to anyone about carrying a "wannabe" badge. If you have a death wish, by all means, advertise. But, if you just have to have a badge, become a real law enforcement officer and take the chances they do. At least they have earned their badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    If you have a death wish, by all means, advertise.
    Good movie BTW, but you will note that at no time in any of the five "Death Wish" movies does Charles Bronson have a CCW Badge.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast