Meeting people - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Meeting people

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    So you don't go to concerts or sporting events?? Your child's school? Your place of work if guns are prohibited there? You won't get on a plane?? Go to a couthouse even if summoned?? Walk into a police station if you needed to? Etc., etc. There are many places where you can't legally carry. You avoid these places??

Might as well live in a cabin in the wilderness somewhere.

I'm not quite at that point. The same laws that allow me to carry most of the time also prohibit me from carrying on some occasions. I can live with that.
    Yes.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    staying out of the alchol debate this time. It got pretty heated the last time.
    MY bad. I'll drop the issue
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Then you get a BAT and show that you were under the limit at the time of the shooting. Done deal
    That "limit" is for driving, not shooting someone, or taking their life.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    That "limit" is for driving, not shooting someone, or taking their life.
    I already agreed not to thread jack I'm not adressing this issue
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    MY bad. I'll drop the issue
    Thanks.

You guys can debate it if you want. I'll just stay out of it.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

For our readers, in SC you must have express permission to enter a private home while carrying.

For the OP, it shows a lack of respect for someone else's property to bring a gun into a stranger's home, kind of like going through their medicine cabinet. Some people could care less, but other could (rightly) be very upset by this. You are not in a public place. You are not at your family's house. You are not among friends, yet. You are in another citizen's castle. Respect that.

If you don't feel you can ask them if it's ok, then don't carry on their property. And in SC, protect your right under current law. If you are going to carry into someone's house, get permission.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    For our readers, in SC you must have express permission to enter a private home while carrying.
    That is correct. Private property is well, private in the state of South Carolina.

My point is that if I'm worried for my personal safety at somebody's BBQ, I'm not going to go in any case...carry or not. In most cases I wouldn't consider a private, social gathering a place with a very high threat level and as a result I would have no problem going unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Yes.
    Well OK, Ed. To each is own.

Personally I couldn't imagine telling my child "Sorry honey, I can't come see you in the school play. They won't let me carry a gun in the school so I'll watch the video when your mother gets home".

Or anything like that. Hope I never get that way. However I do respect your right to make such choices.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    So you don't go to concerts or sporting events?? Your child's school? Your place of work if guns are prohibited there? You won't get on a plane?? Go to a couthouse even if summoned?? Walk into a police station if you needed to? Etc., etc. There are many places where you can't legally carry. You avoid these places??

Might as well live in a cabin in the wilderness somewhere.

I'm not quite at that point. The same laws that allow me to carry most of the time also prohibit me from carrying on some occasions. I can live with that.
    As I said I will always be armed with some kind of weapon! Even a Bick Pen can be made into a deadly weapon. The key factor here is to ALWAYS BE ARMED it does not have to be a firearm.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast