Meeting people - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Meeting people

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    As I said I will always be armed with some kind of weapon! Even a Bick Pen can be made into a deadly weapon. The key factor here is to ALWAYS BE ARMED it does not have to be a firearm.
    I can understand that. Being a very large person I'm always "armed" with my size. I don't exactly attract bullies or belligerent people. Honestly, I would only be worried if someone had a firearm. Other than that I'm pretty confident I can handle a situation w/o being armed with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I can understand that. Being a very large person I'm always "armed" with my size. I don't exactly attract bullies or belligerent people. Honestly, I would only be worried if someone had a firearm. Other than that I'm pretty confident I can handle a situation w/o being armed with a gun.
    I'm glade to hear that. But everyone is not as big as you and as such some times attract people with low IQ's who see us as easy tragets. Even big people can be taken down with a shot from a tazer(as been shown many times). It goes back to what patrick swayze said in the film road house"Does not matter how big the person is you take out their knee and they go down."

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Maybe it's me but if you told me you were carrying a weapon I'd find the fact that you thought it neccesssary to tell me far more weird then the fact that you were carrying
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

handgonnetoter Guest
    You folks are forgetting one important thing: Permit or not, you're right to carry on private property is dependant on the owner's wishes.

I'm going against the consensus (thus far) on this one. In most circumstances I would only carry in someone's house with their permission. In the situation described I would leave my pistol locked in my truck.

A person's home is their castle and I will respect their wishes just like I would want them to respect mine. I wouldn't even bring it up - I leave the gun elsewhere. Obviously I'm a gun owner but I would feel a little uneasy with an armed virtual stranger in my home, especially when alcohol may be flowing.

I would only use the "don't ask, don't tell" if for some reason I thought there might be a threat, and I would only enter such a situation if I felt as though I had little choice.
    That is what I usually do to. If I know the people and they don't seem to mind then I just carry so that my gun is where I am, but if I don't know them I usually would not carry unless they said they did not mind. I do have to admit that they would be clueless about it if I did though.

If the subject of gun carry comes up in conversation and the general opinion is positive, then I'd say its safe to mention that you have one handy in case the need arises. If the general opinion is less than positive in the event the topic of guns comes up, then I'd say a solid and long lasting friendship is not in the making here.

Its always possible to begin the topic and see where it goes without indicating your stance on the subject... I do it all the time just to see who the liberals are in the area...

The in the home thing is kinda tricky since my rights begin to mix with yours at your front door and the inverse is the case with visitors at my house. Private property is the one place where individual rights meet and the property owner has final say. I will always comply with the wishes of the property owner in that case, respectfully...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Maybe it's me but if you told me you were carrying a weapon I'd find the fact that you thought it neccesssary to tell me far more weird then the fact that you were carrying
    It goes back to the whole respect issue of you being in someone elses home. I would carry in "Deep concealment" might be one of those times when the Cell Pal would come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I'm glade to hear that. But everyone is not as big as you and as such some times attract people with low IQ's who see us as easy tragets. Even big people can be taken down with a shot from a tazer(as been shown many times). It goes back to what patrick swayze said in the film road house"Does not matter how big the person is you take out their knee and they go down."
    Absolutely. No matter how big/bad/tough you are there's always somebody somewhere who can take you down. Also, if the other guy has a taser, your Bic pen isn't going to do you much good! Nor would my large fists, long arms, and 260lbs

I am ALWAYS carrying outside my house as long as the law permits it and I feel it's appropriate.

Absolutely. No matter how big/bad/tough you are there's always somebody somewhere who can take you down. Also, if the other guy has a taser, your Bic pen isn't going to do you much good! Nor would my large fists, long arms, and 260lbs

I am ALWAYS carrying outside my house as long as the law permits it and I feel it's appropriate.
    Vary true! But a taser can be defeated if you layer your clothing. They are also starting to come out with taser proof clothing for civilians. Depending on what state you live in your also able to own the Thor Shield bullet resistant vest.

Thanks everyone. This is very helpful.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

My point is that if I'm worried for my personal safety at somebody's BBQ, I'm not going to go in any case...carry or not. In most cases I wouldn't consider a private, social gathering a place with a very high threat level and as a result I would have no problem going unarmed.
    I'm glad you feel safe. Most people do, until they or someone they know becomes a victim.

Going anywhere that you are not allowed to carry is not good. The only one with a gun is the bg and he knows it.

I could cite a lot of cases where people did not carry their firearm because it was not allowed and people died. If just one person had ignored that, they probably would have saved some lives.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast