CC .22 Cal?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CC .22 Cal??

Quote Originally Posted by stingray2100 View Post
    think head shot..head shot... a .22LR is a small caliber, but placed in the right area the human body will stop functioning.
    I disagree with this statement in general.. The head is a smaller target and is easily moved by the other person.. Center mass, Center mass.. Bigger target and no so easily moved by the other person.
    IF you should miss the head, then where will the bullet go?? There may be no OVER penetration, but with NO penetration, the bullet can travel quite a distance..
    IMHO.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

i would not carry a 22. for me it does not have the stopping power behind it. to me its a can shootin gun, not a cc gun. plus its a pretty good size piece. id rather carry a 9 or a .40. i chose to carry a xd- subcompact .40. to me its more than enough gun to get whatever job done.

I have a Mark III.

Given its size and weight, I'd never consider carrying it. I can't understand why you'd want to carry such a large gun with such minimal stopping power. Agreed, it's much more accurate than most CC guns, but since you'd likely need to carry it in a shoulder holster...why not carry a .45ACP?

If that's all you have, carry it. A 22 has killed more people than any other round. I can't prove that, but I have read that many times and not on the Net. I carry a 357 Mag and my Girlfriend carry's a 38 Spl.

Quote Originally Posted by p95_9mm View Post
    Ok guys, question?? Would you carry a Mark 1 through 3 .22Cal for CC?? Would a 22 bullet do the job if needed??
    It's better than nothing.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

The reason why i asked was to see what everyone had to say, I wont be getting the 22 pistol but last week i had to sell my P95 Ruger cause of big Financial issues and i cant afford a 9 or anything for a very long while....

Better than a rock but I am not willing to get hit with one...that's all I got.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

handgonnetoter Guest
    I would not carry a .22 on purpose, but if it was all I had I would rather have it than nothing. I would make the load a high or hyper velocity load to get as much penetration as possible. I would carry the .22 until I could afford a heavier caliber pistol. JMHO.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by p95_9mm View Post
    The reason why i asked was to see what everyone had to say, I wont be getting the 22 pistol but last week i had to sell my P95 Ruger cause of big Financial issues and i cant afford a 9 or anything for a very long while....
    Sorry to hear about the financial problems. We had that about a year and a half ago. During that time I had to sell off some of my guns, and was even carrying a Walther P22 as my CCW for a while. Hand in there.

I carried a Sig Sauer Mosquito for a short period of a summer until I came across the M&P40c I carry now. It was small enough to hide vs. the 4" 357 mag revolver I carry in cool/cold weather.

In most cases not all however, the BG seeing the gun will be enough to cause a change in game plans on his/her part. Most not all, are looking for the easy mark and when any possible resistance that could lead to serious injury/death is offered by the potential victim, they will break off... It is not 100% guaranteed, but noting in life really ever is.

Learn how to use it and become proficient with it and make shot placement count. As most have eluded to, it beats spitting, slapping, hair pulling, and rock throwing hands down..

A Ruger MKI-III would not be the ideal handgun for carry, but under a coat or winter layers I guess it would do.

Lots of financial issues going on now for many people. I wish you good luck and hang in there.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast