CC .22 Cal?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CC .22 Cal??

I carry my Taurus PT25 quit a bit, and I keep it loaded with Magsafe +P Defenders which deliver 1750 ft. per sec muzzle velocity and 150ibs of energy. While it may not be a true Man stopper, it is a mind changer! If that doesn't work then I can always beat the BG to death with my Arkansas Hickory Root Cane!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by p95_9mm View Post
    The reason why i asked was to see what everyone had to say, I wont be getting the 22 pistol but last week i had to sell my P95 Ruger cause of big Financial issues and i cant afford a 9 or anything for a very long while....
    If I had to sell all my guns, and needed something for self defense, I'd look at Hi-Point firearms. I know, some will tell you they're junk. But I've seen them used by others, and I know more than people who own one or more. They have the added advantage of, when empty, they can be thrown, and probably hurt worse than a brick.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

JSDinTexas Guest

It could be a life or death decision

Sorry Big Gay Al, I ain't goin' for gettin' a cheap one (no offense).
    The first two reasons I carry a Glock: 1) Dependable 2) Lots of rounds in the magazine.
    And if one has to go to the cheap side - why not Glock? I buy them all day used for less than $500 and have seen good ones as low as $400.
    Consider, it could be a life or death decision.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    Sorry Big Gay Al, I ain't goin' for gettin' a cheap one (no offense).
    The first two reasons I carry a Glock: 1) Dependable 2) Lots of rounds in the magazine.
    And if one has to go to the cheap side - why not Glock? I buy them all day used for less than $500 and have seen good ones as low as $400.
    Consider, it could be a life or death decision.
    Because for many people, $400-$500 is far from cheap. And while they're waiting to save up that much money, they have no protection.

On the other hand, for $150 they can get a Hi-Point C-9 (for example) and carry a gun with as many rounds as your garden variety 1911, which people seem to be okay with. Sure they're big, heavy and not real handsome in some people's mind. But they're accurate and dependable. And they're certainly better than carrying nothing.

Unless you're somone who believes poor (or just broke) people don't have a right to self defense, Hi-Points are a legitimate option.

P.S. Yes, I do carry a Hi-Point (9mm or .45) from time to time. No, they're not the only carry guns I own. Not even close. Yes, I certainly do trust them with my life.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Because for many people, $400-$500 is far from cheap. And while they're waiting to save up that much money, they have no protection.

On the other hand, for $150 they can get a Hi-Point C-9 (for example) and carry a gun with as many rounds as your garden variety 1911, which people seem to be okay with. Sure they're big, heavy and not real handsome in some people's mind. But they're accurate and dependable. And they're certainly better than carrying nothing.

Unless you're somone who believes poor (or just broke) people don't have a right to self defense, Hi-Points are a legitimate option.

P.S. Yes, I do carry a Hi-Point (9mm or .45) from time to time. No, they're not the only carry guns I own. Not even close. Yes, I certainly do trust them with my life.
    Well, you taught me something today, and that's why I enjoy this site.
    Yeah, to me a Kimber at $2000 is out of range, but $500 is not. You helped me understand the same relationship between $500 and $150 for some folks. And I didn't know you could buy a gun for the price of the Hi-Point.
    I try to be thoughtful, but it doesn't always happen. Sorry, and for sure I believe everyone has a right to carry no matter what their status.

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post

Took the words right out of my keyboard!!

For those interested, there are some alternatives, if you have the patience, and don't mind dealing across state lines. There is a dealer I know of, in West Virginia who offers End of the year lay-a-way. You can pick any gun on his site, or at Gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com, and say you picked one on Jan. 2, you'd have until 12/31 of that same year to pay it off. I got my first Rock Island from him, that way. When it's paid off, assuming you don't live in the same state, you let him know what FFL dealer to ship it to, and it's on the way. So far as I know, he includes shipping in the prices of most, if not all his guns.

I don't get paid for this, I'm just passing on information. If anyone wants the link to his site, let me know, I'll send it to you via PM.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Yea its so bad i cant even afford a Ruger 10/22 that i wanted.... And i know how Important it is to carry a firearm to!! I'm sh** out of luck!!! Not unless someone buys me one for Christmas. LOL

If that's what you've got, that's what you carry. I would hate to be on the receiving end of the .22 JHPs coming out of my Kimber M1911ARF.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123