State Reciprocity Confusion - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State Reciprocity Confusion

1. Quote Originally Posted by BobFoos View Post
    It sure would be nice to find a 100% accurate web site that give accurate information on state-to-state concealed carry recriprocity.
    For example, I'm traveling to Colorado this weekend. USA carry states Colorado recognizes my Nebraska permit, but if you go to the NRAILA web site, it says Colorado Does NOT recognize Nebraska's permit.
    Warning! The ONLY sites you should trust for this information are the State Attorney General sites (or other designated site by that State) for your State and the State(s) you will be travelling through or to. Once you leave your home State, you are effectively under the firearms laws of the State you have entered.

All other websites containing such information are informational only. Using the State's own information will give you ammunition to defend yourself in court should you have an issue with lawful carry in another State, provided you've acted within the laws of that State.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkfish View Post
    Warning! The ONLY sites you should trust for this information are the State Attorney General sites (or other designated site by that State) for your State and the State(s) you will be travelling through or to. Once you leave your home State, you are effectively under the firearms laws of the State you have entered.

That's not always the case...some states are notorious for NOT updating their sites....

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    That's not always the case...some states are notorious for NOT updating their sites....
    I 2nd that one! I've learned that over the years of trying to keep everything up to day. State websites aren't the quickest to be updated.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

5. I'd be careful about carrying under State reciprocity agreements... if you pass within 1000 feet of the property line of any K-12 school while carrying outside of the State that physically issued your permit, you are committing a federal felony punishable by 5 years in federal prison, and the permanent loss of your right to own a firearm.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/polit...important.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12