CC in church - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CC in church

The Bible says that Whatever isn't of faith is sin , the Bible also promises that God didn't give me a Spirit (demonic) of fear but of Power , & Love & of a Sound mind.

If I carry in church because of fear, or because I don't think God can get the Job done ( really one & the same reason) It is a sin for me to carry in church, end of disscussion. If while I'm walking in that Love & a Sound mind that God promised me ( If anybody's gonna carry in church you'd want to be the quy W/ the sound mind right?) I am obedient to what I honestly believe God asked me to do ( this is confirmed by the fact that my Pastor is aware that I carry & never asked me not to) I'm good, I'm right in the middle of the will of God for my life & God will be my shield, my fortress & my deliver. not some gun that I happen to be carrying.

I mean let's be realistic I carry a CZ RAMI in church, me taking out a BG wearing body armor and carrying an AR , would be like, I don't know a teen age sheppard taking out a 9ft tall Giant armed W/ a spear a sword & a shield W/ a slingshot. Never happen .
    Last edited by Treo; 12-17-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: edits in red
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The Bible says that Whatever isn't of faith is sin , the Bible also promises that God didn't give me a Spirit (demonic) of fear but of Power , & Love & of a Sound mind.

If I carry in church because of fear, or because I don't think God can get the Job done ( really one & the same reason) It is a sin for me to carry in church, end of disscussion. If while I'm walking in that Love & a Sound mind that God promised me ( If anybody's gonna carry in church you'd want to be the quy W/ the sound mind right?) I am obedient to what I honestly believe God asked me to do ( this is confirmed by the fact that my Pastor is aware that I carry & never asked me not to) I'm good, I'm right in the middle of God for my life & God will be my shield, my fortress & my deliver. not some gun that I happen to be carrying.

I mean let's be realistic I carry a CZ RAMI in church, me taking out a BG wearing body armor and carrying an AR , would be like, I don't know a teen age sheppard taking out a 9ft tall Giant armed W/ a spear a sword & a shield W/ a slingshot. Never happen .
    Maybe you should read "Shooting Back - The right and duty of Self-defense" by Charl Van Wyk.
    He was able to break off an attack by automatic weapon BG's with just a revolver... It also discusses WHY he carried... You might find it interesting.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by Bozz View Post
    I personally think it is fine if you carry in Church... its been proven that they are not off-limits to those that want to kill or do harm to others.
    The terrorist who gunned down George Tiller did so while he was attending his regularly schedualed service at a Lutheran Church in Wichita, Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The terrorist who gunned down George Tiller did so while he was attending his regularly schedualed service at a Lutheran Church in Wichita, Kansas.
    Thank you for providing an example to drive home Bozz's point, I don't think an example was necessary, but Thanx anywayz.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

ALL good points Treo and very true. Fear is sin and basically saying that you do not trust in the mighty hand of God so therefore you will take care of it yourself. Sometimes God does allow situations like this to come into our lives, but in the end and no matter the outcome He will always get the glory. I just want to be prepared for two things: 1) the Second Coming 2) having the ability and the means to protect anothers life.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Thank you for providing an example to drive home Bozz's point, I don't think an example was necessary, but Thanx anywayz.
    Sometimes you need a name and a face (and in this case unfortunatly a dead body) to get the point across.

To give an example as to one of the reasons why I decided to cc in the church: We had a lady to stop by right in the middle of service one Sunday morning that was clearly on some type of drug...she was foaming at the mouth literally and sweating profusely saying a lot of things that didn't make any sense. My wife was sitting the foyer with our 3 yr old and 6 mth old sons so she came in the sanctuary (nervously) and got my attention (I sit in the sound booth at the rear of the church), so I grab another deacon and we went out to confront this lady to see what was up. We had to literally stop her from going into the sanctuary as she was so adamant about getting to the pastor to give him her "revelation" that God gave to her right in the middle of service. Now we had no idea if she was armed or not, but we were able to finally get her back out the front doors and told her to leave or we will call the police to have her removed from the premises. We still don't know to this day if she had any intensions of doing harm but it sure did raise our awareness of security.

Quote Originally Posted by swidener View Post
    We had to literally stop her from going into the sanctuary as she was so adamant about getting to the pastor to give him her "revelation" that God gave to her right in the middle of service. Now we had no idea if she was armed or not, but we were able to finally get her back out the front doors and told her to leave or we will call the police to have her removed from the premises.
    I would have handled that completely differently I would have taken her right into the middle of the service and got about 4 or 5 elders of the church to pray for her deliverence

If I carry in church because of fear, or because I don't think God can get the Job done ( really one & the same reason) It is a sin for me to carry in church,

After reading this it occurs to me that it should read

If I carry anywhere because of fear, or because I don't think God can get the Job done ( really one & the same reason) It is a sin for me to carry period end of disscussion.,
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Treo,

How about you don't carry because you are afraid, how about you carry because you are not afraid to do the right thing and protect those you love.

Quote Originally Posted by swidener View Post
    To give an example as to one of the reasons why I decided to cc in the church: We had a lady to stop by right in the middle of service one Sunday morning that was clearly on some type of drug...she was foaming at the mouth literally and sweating profusely saying a lot of things that didn't make any sense. My wife was sitting the foyer with our 3 yr old and 6 mth old sons so she came in the sanctuary (nervously) and got my attention (I sit in the sound booth at the rear of the church), so I grab another deacon and we went out to confront this lady to see what was up. We had to literally stop her from going into the sanctuary as she was so adamant about getting to the pastor to give him her "revelation" that God gave to her right in the middle of service. Now we had no idea if she was armed or not, but we were able to finally get her back out the front doors and told her to leave or we will call the police to have her removed from the premises. We still don't know to this day if she had any intentions of doing harm but it sure did raise our awareness of security.
    God is NOT the author of confusion.. She would have surely caused confusion in the service, so it probably was NOT from God..
    Best to get here removed. As it was said, she could have been taken to the the side and prayed for and try to determine exactly what her deal was, but to disrupt the service is NOT the Order of God..
    IF she really feels she has a revelation, then she should make an appointment with the pastors secretary..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast