One in the Chamber? - Page 16

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

Yup, chamber one, don't chamber one, do what you want. As long as you don't shoot me in the foot with the darn thing it's okay. It's your gun, if you feel you want to carry it without a mag in, do that, too. Your gun, your rules. Just know what you are doing.

It's amazing how many people feel the compelling need to tell everybody else that they are fools and should do it THEIR way cause it's the only one.

Personally I carry a XD9 SC and so far without one in, but simply because I have a low threat life and have not yet had much chance to practice the draw and presentation. I am quite confident that the built in safeties are adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by SPXD9 View Post
    I carry an XD and if there is not one in the chamber, then it qualifies as either a short club or a rock.
    Exactly.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

one in the pipe

While I was being fingerprinted by the highway partrol when applying for my fire arm permitt we discussed carry guns, and he liked to carry the 1911. I told him that I was a little nervous about carrying a 1911 with one in the barrel and the hammer back. He said that if i didn't have one in the barrel and the hammer back, i didn't need to be carrying at all. I have been carrying for over a year now. I carry a Kimber with one in the pipe and the hammer back. It does not bother me anymore. Every gun should be treated as if there is one in the barrel.

Yup! As is always. Always ready to rock in case something happens -- I do not have to guess...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

6. Yes I do carry with a round in the chamber in my G23 all the times. No problem! Be confidence!

But exception it can be dangerous in accident discharge with 1911 firearm that it has hammer.

NRA Life Member

7. I always carry with one in the chamber. I just can't seem to get that second round to fit in there!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by dumpo60 View Post
    While I was being fingerprinted by the highway partrol when applying for my fire arm permitt we discussed carry guns, and he liked to carry the 1911. I told him that I was a little nervous about carrying a 1911 with one in the barrel and the hammer back. He said that if i didn't have one in the barrel and the hammer back, i didn't need to be carrying at all. I have been carrying for over a year now. I carry a Kimber with one in the pipe and the hammer back. It does not bother me anymore. Every gun should be treated as if there is one in the barrel.
    I am not familiar with Kimbers, but one in the chamber and hammer back? Sounds scary to me.

I carry my XD with one in the chamber, but I feel safe because of the grip safety. Even if I have a brain fart and snag the trigger (which I don't), the grip safety saves the day. Hard to imagine ever snagging the trigger AND turning off the safety, short of actually grabbing the gun as if shooting.

One in the chamber and hammer back...sounds like an AD waiting to happen.

mistergus75

Quote Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post
    I am not familiar with Kimbers, but one in the chamber and hammer back? Sounds scary to me.

I carry my XD with one in the chamber, but I feel safe because of the grip safety. Even if I have a brain fart and snag the trigger (which I don't), the grip safety saves the day. Hard to imagine ever snagging the trigger AND turning off the safety, short of actually grabbing the gun as if shooting.

One in the chamber and hammer back...sounds like an AD waiting to happen.

mistergus75
    He is referring to carrying an M1911A1 variant pistol in condition "one". That is a round in the chamber, hammer cocked (per the design on the gun) safety on and the very same grip safety you mentioned engaged. hundreds of thousands of AMerican carry similar weapons in this manner every day
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I always carry with one in the chamber. I just can't seem to get that second round to fit in there!
    I think they printed the instructions on the back of your CCW Badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear75135 View Post
    Reasons not to have a round chambered... Safety
    Sorry but with the invention of the transfer bar this point is entirely nullified for guns that have one.
    This wasn't to make any one upset... it was to just make you think.
    I do think.
    And that thinking is why I bought a handgun with the transfer bar instead of one without.
    I'm really glad that you're so good at what you do. I really hope you all stay safe and NEVER need to pull a weapon in anger or as a reaction to some threat.
    Now why does that sound like Brady bunch rhetoric ?

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast