One in the Chamber? - Page 17

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

1. If other people are scared of your gun because it is loaded, and you carry it loaded anyway, aren't you violating their rights?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    If other people are scared of your gun because it is loaded, and you carry it loaded anyway, aren't you violating their rights?
    Is this BS the best you can come with?
    Let me know when you can stop grasping for straws to justify your complete disregard for the RIGHTS of business owners on THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY.

No one has the RIGHT to tell me not to carry a gun on the STREET.
    They DO have the RIGHT to tell me NOT to carry a gun on their PRIVATE property.

That you are unable to make the distinction is frightening.
    You probably shouldnt carry a lethal weapon to begin with.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    You probably shouldnt carry a lethal weapon to begin with.
    There's a lot of people that would say the same thing about your anger problem.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

There's a lot of people that would say the same thing about your anger problem.
    So now youre a psychoanalyst too
    When youre qualified to make a discernment of my emotional state, friend, feel free to set me up for an appointment.
    Till then all I see is someone whose cornered trying his best to divert attention off that fact.

Apparently there is no limit to the extremes you will go to so you can try to justify your complete disregard of others rights.

If other people are scared of your gun because it is loaded, and you carry it loaded anyway, aren't you violating their rights?

I am going to play along with you on this one. If they don't piss and moan about the police that carry their guns that way then they sure as hell are welcomed to piss and Moan about me following the example set by Law Enforcement.

So no I am not violating their right to piss and moan about me carrying a load gun. As far as their right not to be afraid they can chose to use what ever it is that tells them they are safe when they see police officers carrying loaded gun and apply that to the rest of the people carrying a loaded gun.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    He is referring to carrying an M1911A1 variant pistol in condition "one". That is a round in the chamber, hammer cocked (per the design on the gun) safety on and the very same grip safety you mentioned engaged. hundreds of thousands of AMerican carry similar weapons in this manner every day
    I'll be up front, I've got a lot to learn here. Have only held (I think) a Baretta, Glock, Kimber, at the gun store. Never fired, much less learned how to operate one. I just have (and love) my trusty XD.

Ok, question...Are there any semi-automatics that are carried with a thumb safety (no grip safety), hammer back, and one in the chamber?

If so, wouldn't that be dangerous, given that the thumb safety could be inadvertendly turned off? Just trying to understand carrying with the hammer back. Is this done with semi's that only have a thumb safety?

Thanks.

mistergus75

Quote Originally Posted by mistergus75 View Post
    Ok, question...Are there any semi-automatics that are carried with a thumb safety (no grip safety), hammer back, and one in the chamber?
    Some Berettas semi autos are double action so you can leave the hammer down instead of cocked, but still be able to just pull the trigger to fire the round in the chamber like a revolver.
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob & Wife View Post
    One more thing to consider, of all the times you are going to pull your weapon IN SELF DEFENSE, will the bad guy be focused on YOU, if NOT, the time it takes to rack the slide probably won't matter. If he is focused on you, not having a round in the chamber, could very well have been a mistake ON YOUR PART, the chose and responsibility fall to you, FEELING LUCKY???
    You lost me half way thru that, but the time to rack the slide PROBABLY won't matter, Do you REALLY wan't to take that chance? Thats your life your talking about! Possibly you wife's if she's with you. Also what happens when your on your side after some crackhead knocked you down and you don't have two hands to work with? or for whatever reason you can't use your 2nd hand maybe you've got to covertly get to your gun for some reason (store hold up etc). Unlikely. But unlikely situations is what were trying to be prepared for.

I'll be up front, I've got a lot to learn here. Have only held (I think) a Baretta, Glock, Kimber, at the gun store. Never fired, much less learned how to operate one. I just have (and love) my trusty XD.

The CZ line has several models that can be carried in this manner. A browning Highpower is carried in this manner as well. I'm sure there are others

I usually carry a CZ 75B that can be carried in this way but since it is a DA/SA pistol I usually carry it w/ the hammer down.

If so, wouldn't that be dangerous, given that the thumb safety could be inadvertendly turned off? Just trying to understand carrying with the hammer back. Is this done with semi's that only have a thumb safety?
    A proper holster makes that very unlikely

Thanks.

mistergus75
    No problem
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    He is referring to carrying an M1911A1 variant pistol in condition "one". That is a round in the chamber, hammer cocked (per the design on the gun) safety on and the very same grip safety you mentioned engaged. hundreds of thousands of AMerican carry similar weapons in this manner every day
    That is correct. I was on a motorcycle trip two weeks ago will a group of friends. We stopped to eat and parked in back of resturant. I was carry at the time as always. And before we knew it a man had rode up to us on a bicycle. He wanted money and had no weapon (thank God). My point is it happened so quick. If he had a weapon he could have had all our money. I would not have had time to get my weapon, much less put a round in it.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast