One in the Chamber? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

Some one's gotta say it; "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch, you'll be fine"
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I will not purchase a carry gun that I do not feel is safe with a round in the chamber while in the holster or pocket. The average gunfight starts very close and fast. It requires only one hand to wipe an extra safety, but it requires two hands to put a round into battery. I may need my off hand to move non-combatants or fend off the attacker during the draw. Just my opinion.
    "Guns ain't marriage; we're allowed to be promiscuous with them." Massad Ayoob

When I pack......there is no need to rack.

Quote Originally Posted by advw View Post
    Question, for the folks that carry pistols with no thumb safety, do you carry with a round in the chamber?

Is there anyone that does not have a round in the chamber when they carry? I don't have one in there for everyone else's safety just in case something were to happen, but I am just curious to what all of you do.
    It is a good idea to try the search feature and see if the horse has in fact been beaten to death and beyond. I agree with others that the topic has been beaten beyond recognition here and you will find that most will advocate condition 1 as the mode of carry.

Unless you are really proficient with the Israeli draw technique, carry condition 1. It is a good idea to review the design of the firearm you intend to carry and understand how it functions and what other safety devices have been employed to prevent unintended discharge...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    When I pack......there is no need to rack.
    Amen!

7. Why Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by advw View Post
    Question, for the folks that carry pistols with no thumb safety, do you carry with a round in the chamber?

Is there anyone that does not have a round in the chamber when they carry? I don't have one in there for everyone else's safety just in case something were to happen, but I am just curious to what all of you do.
    Useless to carry without one in the chamber...if someone attacks you, will you have time to rack one in the heat of the moment?? probably not...

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    This question has been done to death. if you get 100 responses 87 of them will be people affirming that, yes, you should carry your weapon fully loaded. 3 will be people who don't carry one in the chamber for "safety". The final 10 will be people telling the 3 that they are idiots .

Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

I got jumped in a parking lot once while carrying condition three in the stress (read "panic") of the moment I completely forgot to chamber a round. Luckily the defensive display was enough but I learned my lesson I never carried W/ an empty chamber again.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I always carry with one in the chamber. That way the magazine is not fully loaded all the time... so the magazine spring won't wear out as quickly if the magazine isn't fully loaded all the time...
    You may want to consider racking slide to load a round, drop the mag, top it off, and reinsert the mag. This will give you the mag capacity +1.
    Politics compromises principles.
    Doing what's right, means doing what may not be popular.

my m&p. 40 and xd- subcompact .40 is always ready to go. in fact even my 12g is ready to go. never know when bad thigs are gonna happen. specially at 3am when you hear the bang of someone breaking in. last thing i want to do is remember to rack the slide....

imo if your gonna carry without a round ready, you might as well have a rock cause thats what your gun will be at that point.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast