One in the Chamber? - Page 20

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

I carry cocked and locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    I carry cocked and locked.
    I haven't seen him post in a while. What ever happened to Cocked and Locked?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I haven't seen him post in a while. What ever happened to Cocked and Locked?
    Nightmare is carrying him
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Nightmare is carrying him
    you beat me to saying it! damm!
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Depends on how well the person is trained and the gun. I can put a round in the chamber of my Taurus PT 1911 one handed. Same with the Kimber 1911 ARF and S&W 645. It actually is something everyone should train for if you use a semi-auto.
    How do you do that? Do you use the belt hook technique or use the holster (or is there another way to do it)? I've heard of several methods but honestly they all seem more like jam-clearing techniques than something to use every time?

I can rack the slide on most automatics one-handed but not with my hand in firing position. I've always carried chambered (or carry a revolver) so I don't practice a lot of one-handed chambering, though I should.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I always carry with one in the chamber. I just can't seem to get that second round to fit in there!
    Try a revolver. I carry with 5 in the chambers in mine! :D

Ask those who have holes in their feet or legs or who have had ADs what they think of carrying loaded without safeties. It is dangerous to themselves and others. Some want to be "gunslingers" and fast on the draw/fire with their plastic shooters. I had rather be safer with external safeties and hammer. I carry a Sig 232(380) at present. It does not have a "safety" but is double action with a half cock. I feel comfortably safe with it as my kids are all grown and gone. Besides that, it stays with me constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Ask those who have holes in their feet or legs or who have had ADs what they think of carrying loaded without safeties. It is dangerous to themselves and others. Some want to be "gunslingers" and fast on the draw/fire with their plastic shooters. I had rather be safer with external safeties and hammer. I carry a Sig 232(380) at present. It does not have a "safety" but is double action with a half cock. I feel comfortably safe with it as my kids are all grown and gone. Besides that, it stays with me constantly.
    Hey, you should look into a job writing copy for the Brady Bunch...
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

JSDinTexas Guest
    "Some want to be "gunslingers" and fast on the draw/fire with their plastic shooters."

Yes, Absolutely!

The Home page of USA Carry has an article, "Man's Leather Holster Causes Accidental Discharge." His weapon was a Glock and accidently discharged because of worn leather which hit the trigger. If he had not been carrying with a loaded chamber, he would still have that chunk in his hip and no holes in his car seat/floor board. Regardless of his training and carry method, the fact remains that this could not have happened if the chamber had been empty. My Glock does not have a round in the chamber but I can still rack a round fast enough to defend myself. However, to each his own.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast