One in the Chamber? - Page 21

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    I can still rack a round fast enough to defend myself.
    Betcha can't
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

JSDinTexas Guest
    "accidently discharged because of worn leather which hit the trigger"

Half-a$$ equipment gets you half an a$$

The Home page of USA Carry has an article, "Man's Leather Holster Causes Accidental Discharge." His weapon was a Glock and accidently discharged because of worn leather which hit the trigger. If he had not been carrying with a loaded chamber, he would still have that chunk in his hip and no holes in his car seat/floor board. Regardless of his training and carry method, the fact remains that this could not have happened if the chamber had been empty. My Glock does not have a round in the chamber but I can still rack a round fast enough to defend myself. However, to each his own.
    The funny thing is that it also wouldn't have happened if he properly maintained his equipment which is an indication that he was either imporperly trained or at least lazy. So...

Using your theory that an unloaded chamber would prevent negligent discharges (there are no accidental discharges), let's take it to it's logical conclusion. If we don't own or handle firearms that will also prevent all ND's. And if we don't own or operate motor vehicles we'll have essentially zero highway deaths. And if we outlaw water we'll cut the number of drownings to almost zero. Oh my.

Well, yeah. All that does sound kind of ridiculous doesn't it? But you probably didn't think about that. Did you?

P.S. I bet you can't draw, rack and get on target nearly as fast as you think you can. You probably wait till you're gonna get t-boned in an intersection before putting on your seatbelt too.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

If I can't, you can always say, "I told you so." This is a never ending argument in which no one will ever be completely satisfied so we all travel in our own little worlds. Doesn't get much better than that!

If I can't, you can always say, "I told you so." This is a never ending argument in which no one will ever be completely satisfied so we all travel in our own little worlds. Doesn't get much better than that!
    I have to admit the odds are that you won't everh have to find out so if you feel safer that way I guess that's your choice.
    MY choice would be to not carry a gun that I didn't feel comfortable w/ a round in the chamber on
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

JSDinTexas Guest
    Look, I don't knock Oldgrunt, and I don't think anyone should, because one has to be comfortable with whatever condition they carry in. I do want to be a "gunslinger" - as fast as possible. I want to be as close to the edge as I can get without blowing something off. I have confidence in my training and drills. My Glock is a body part at the end of my hand. That is my confidence level, my confidence level.
    Oldgrunt said it well, "we must all travel in our own little worlds."

Hobo: Well yeah, you are right. An empty chamber would prevent a negligent discharge. Did you figure that out all by yourself or did you have help? You are making statements about Gus' training and/or gun maintenance abilities when you don't know squat about him. Have you ever heard of an accident happening? People don't usually try to shoot themselves but it does happen to some at one time or another. The fellow made a mistake and he is paying for it. I will give him credit for owning up to it and giving others the benefit of his experience. I will remember him every time I pick up my gun and try to not make the same mistake. I dare say I have had as much weapons training as most on here but we can all do something silly but hopefully live to regret it. I make no claims of being able to draw fast but I have enough confidence in myself to do what I need to do when I need to do it. By the way, I do use my seatbelt, do you?

I carry loaded ready to fire....I didn't go thru all the trouble I did so I could be "ALMOST" ready to protect my family.
    I just had to add my two cents, because it looks like every other member on this board has!!!

If you don't have the time to rack and fire, what's the point in carrying an extra mag?

Uh oh, worm can now open...

-178S

Rooster Cogburn in "True Grit."

Goudy: Now is it not true that you sprang up on old man Wharton and his two sons with a deadly, six shot revolver in your hand?
    Rooster Cogburn: I always try to be ready.
    Goudy: Was this revolver loaded and cocked?
    Rooster Cogburn: Well, a gun that's unloaded and cocked ain't good for nothin'.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast