One in the Chamber? - Page 22

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

428 88.80%
  • No

54 11.20%
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: One in the Chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by One78Shovel View Post
    If you don't have the time to rack and fire, what's the point in carrying an extra mag?

Uh oh, worm can now open...

-178S
    Surely you can see the difference between drawing from concealment to get off first shot in an "unexpected" assault v. a reload in the middle of a fight?

3. An unloaded handgun (and a gun without a round in the chamber is, IN MY OPINION, unloaded) is merely a very short club or a very awkward hand thrown projectile. I FEEL that you would be better served by carrying a half a brick instead. The half a brick is far easier to throw.

Think of the advantages. Not only are bricks easier to throw, there's more.

There's no 'Concealed Brick Permit' that you have to buy or a 'Concealed Brick Training Course' that you have to pay a mason hundreds of dollars to take.

You can buy them anywhere- without going through a Federal Brick Dealer, a background check or filling out a form.

They are CHEAP. You can even find folks that will just GIVE them to you. And you can get them across state lines without having to go through a brick dealer in your home state to take possession!

AND you can carry your half a brick ANYWHERE. Church, schools, courthouses, bars ... it doesn't matter because it's perfectly LEGAL. After all, it's just a half a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The Home page of USA Carry has an article, "Man's Leather Holster Causes Accidental Discharge." His weapon was a Glock and accidently discharged because of worn leather which hit the trigger. If he had not been carrying with a loaded chamber, he would still have that chunk in his hip and no holes in his car seat/floor board. Regardless of his training and carry method, the fact remains that this could not have happened if the chamber had been empty. My Glock does not have a round in the chamber but I can still rack a round fast enough to defend myself. However, to each his own.
    If the guy had equipment that wasn't in disrepair, the holster wouldn't have depressed the trigger. He needs a holster with a solid or reinforced mouth so this doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    An unloaded handgun (and a gun without a round in the chamber is, IN MY OPINION, unloaded) is merely a very short club or a very awkward hand thrown projectile. I FEEL that you would be better served by carrying a half a brick instead. The half a brick is far easier to throw.

Think of the advantages. Not only are bricks easier to throw, there's more.

There's no 'Concealed Brick Permit' that you have to buy or a 'Concealed Brick Training Course' that you have to pay a mason hundreds of dollars to take.

You can buy them anywhere- without going through a Federal Brick Dealer, a background check or filling out a form.

They are CHEAP. You can even find folks that will just GIVE them to you. And you can get them across state lines without having to go through a brick dealer in your home state to take possession!

AND you can carry your half a brick ANYWHERE. Church, schools, courthouses, bars ... it doesn't matter because it's perfectly LEGAL. After all, it's just a half a brick.
    But I've had a hell of a time finding a well fitting holster for my half brick.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    But I've had a hell of a time finding a well fitting holster for my half brick.
    I believe there's palistinian organiztion that makes custom brick holsters.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Yes,yes&yes +1 and ready
    NRA,NYCCW,PALTCF,FLCCW,ARCCW,DCM,NYSRPA,SCOPE

I have said this before and I am saying it again, reaction never ever beats action, if the BG has a gun drawn you are already slow/late, if you have to rack a round into the chamber you are twice as slow. Agree with Treo, Betcha cannot rack a round before my bullet strikes you (my round will be on way while you are racking). That said, carry how you wish, just wondering if CA law allows you to carry an unloaded brick?

NRA and USCCA Certified Instructor - FL CCW/CWP Classes
    https://www.TriggerPressers.com

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I always carry with one in the chamber. That way the magazine is not fully loaded all the time... so the magazine spring won't wear out as quickly if the magazine isn't fully loaded all the time...
    You don't top off your magazine after charging?!?!
    NRA and USCCA Certified Instructor - FL CCW/CWP Classes
    https://www.TriggerPressers.com

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    You don't top off your magazine after charging?!?!
    NavyLT is jerking your chain. That said, I don't top off my magazine because one round isn't worth the hassle to me. I carry a spare magazine and if I use all that up and still lose because of one round it was my time
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast