One in the Chamber? - Page 23

View Poll Results: Do you carry concealed with a round in the chamber?

Voters
482. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    428 88.80%
  • No

    54 11.20%
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 268

Thread: One in the Chamber?

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    NavyLT is jerking your chain. That said, I don't top off my magazine because one round isn't worth the hassle to me. I carry a spare magazine and if I use all that up and still lose because of one round it was my time
    I carry Glocked and loaded. With 15 rounds in the magazine, I don't worry about topping off the magazine after charging up. I guess if I was one of those 1911 people, I would feel the need to do so. I also don't understand why all the 1911 people insist on having forward slide groves for "presure checking". Load up the magazine, chamber a round, there's no need to "presure check" to see if you have a round in the chamber.

  2.   
  3. #222
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I carry Glocked and loaded. With 15 rounds in the magazine, I don't worry about topping off the magazine after charging up. I guess if I was one of those 1911 people, I would feel the need to do so. I also don't understand why all the 1911 people insist on having forward slide groves for "presure checking". Load up the magazine, chamber a round, there's no need to "presure check" to see if you have a round in the chamber.
    Leaving your carry weapon loaded should do away w/ the need for all that anyway
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  4. #223
    yes there is a point to a press check. the point is to be sure it's loaded as I'm sure you didn't have your eyes on the firearm 24/7/365
    NRA Certified Instructor - FL CCW/CWP Classes
    http://www.GainesvilleFirearmsTraining.com

  5. #224
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    yes there is a point to a press check. the point is to be sure it's loaded as I'm sure you didn't have your eyes on the firearm 24/7/365
    My carry weapon is either on my hip or in the safe. It has yet to unload itsself. Unecessary administrative handling breeds NDs
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  6. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    But I've had a hell of a time finding a well fitting holster for my half brick.
    You are forgetting about another feared weapon, the sling shot, but then we have the question..... to carry it with a rock in the pouch or empty,.......also what about lumber, maybe Lows and Home Depot should have FLLs .........Federal Lumber Licence's.....after all wood can kill you, being wacked with a 2x4 would hurt, and don't forget the bigger guns, the 4x4s or 6x6s they even make a tripod mounted version, hell a wood catapult can throw a whole bucket of half bricks, and should the catapult be carryed loaded or not, ..............sorry everybody the brick thing just got me started, I know this sounds stupid but so is carrying unchambered

  7. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    My carry weapon is either on my hip or in the safe. It has yet to unload itsself. Unecessary administrative handling breeds NDs
    There are two things in this world that breed NDs. Negligence and Ignorance. Once again, if you (not necessarily YOU, but you as in people in general) can't handle a firearms because you're afraid you will accidentally shoot it then you need to retake your CCW class and pay attention to the safety block.

    If you choose not to press check because you don't feel the need to then that's one thing. But if it's because you are afraid you will accidentally shoot your gun see above. I, on the other hand, am going to make sure there's a round in the chamber so that there is no question that when I need to use it I don't have to last minute question if I'm loaded.
    NRA Certified Instructor - FL CCW/CWP Classes
    http://www.GainesvilleFirearmsTraining.com

  8. #227
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    There are two things in this world that breed NDs. Negligence and Ignorance. Once again, if you (not necessarily YOU, but you as in people in general) can't handle a firearms because you're afraid you will accidentally shoot it then you need to retake your CCW class and pay attention to the safety block.

    If you choose not to press check because you don't feel the need to then that's one thing. But if it's because you are afraid you will accidentally shoot your gun see above. I, on the other hand, am going to make sure there's a round in the chamber so that there is no question that when I need to use it I don't have to last minute question if I'm loaded.
    I don't do the press check because there's no need. That said maybe you (YOU in particular no someone generic) need to rethink the safety block of your class because one of the most basic saftey rules is you don't handle the gun unnecessarily
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  9. #228
    It's not unnecessary. See above.

    Not to mention the first time you charge after loading it's a good idea to make sure the extractor is seated on the casing propertly so you don't wind up with a double feed. A level 2 malfunction in a gunfight is going to put you in a world of hurt.

  10. #229
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    I have said this before and I am saying it again, reaction never ever beats action, if the BG has a gun drawn you are already slow/late, if you have to rack a round into the chamber you are twice as slow. Agree with Treo, Betcha cannot rack a round before my bullet strikes you (my round will be on way while you are racking). That said, carry how you wish, just wondering if CA law allows you to carry an unloaded brick?
    Agree. Even with one in the pipe it's still nearly impossible to beat a drawn gun.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #230
    Yea it's tough. Increase your odds by moving while you draw. Harder for them to hit a moving target.

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. One in the chamber? Or not!!
    By sdf2000 in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 351
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 12:12 PM
  2. How many carry a Glock or XD with one in the chamber
    By W.D.Murray in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 06:54 PM
  3. To Chamber or Not to Chamber?
    By Socket in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 01:56 AM
  4. Gas Chamber vs. Pepper Spray
    By kn1080 in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 11:47 PM
  5. Newbie CC BabyStep - one in the chamber
    By joesmo in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 09:22 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast